Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope this is just the start, 50k/yr globally seems cautious.

1716300650391.png

50K seems optimistic to me.

The current pace of "production" is basically the same as if you and a few friends cobbled them together in your garage in your free time.

Also previously discussed.

Your batting average sucks this morning. Please try harder.

Right now it is a prototype with 1 partner. This disappoints me far more than any other Tesla issue.

There's been at least 3 other partners known or spotted so far FYI -Walmart, Costco and Martin Brower. I agree the delay is disappointing but unlike say Roadster there appears to actually be stuff happening.

Pepsi said their current fleet is 21. What happened to the other 15 from their original 36?

Here it says PepsiCo took delivery of 36.

The issue, as another poster pointed out, is that Pepsi appears to have 21 at one location and 15 at another. So it depends on which spokesperson is speaking and perhaps they are only talking about one location when they mention 21.

Either way, very small, immaterial numbers for a product that was supposed to begin production in 2019 and deliver 50k of them in 2024.

You have an odd way of saying "Whoops, my bad... I was wrong."

For UK, other non-USA locations, several brokers/providers are now allowing voting on Tesla. As far as I know this is unique and a result of a lot of customer and @TeslaBoomerMama (X/youtube) agitation/prompting.

I've voted through two of my providers. Two more to go. Had to be done via secure messages, so it looks to be a very adhoc process.

Yes I received an email on the 1st May from IBKR that let me vote

Yes, they send a mail on May 1st. Nearly missed it, because in the title was about Tesla's Annual Shareholders Meeting. You will find a "Vote" button in the text.
IBKR is one of the only broker that allows voting for TSLA in Germany without any hurdles or costs.

Thanks, went back and found mine... I had missed it too.

FYI for others, mine was actually dated as sent 4/30...

For UK, other non-USA locations, several brokers/providers are now allowing voting on Tesla. As far as I know this is unique and a result of a lot of customer and @TeslaBoomerMama (X/youtube) agitation/prompting.

I've voted through two of my providers. Two more to go. Had to be done via secure messages, so it looks to be a very adhoc process.
Yep, just got the final few 1000 shares voted for now that yesterday the broker said not going to happen. Not so easy in the uk and Europe but all done now. A J Bell in the uk said the phones had not stopped ringing asking why they could not vote. Something happened to change this overnight.

Its always struck me as significant that Pepsi has not (to my knowledge) highlighted or referenced FSD in their Tesla Semi's publicly at this point. This is likely strategic, to avoid staff unease now, whilst building a fleet that can be "switched on" to autonomy overnight at some future point.
Agree. a semi truck FSD will require a significantly different training dataset than passenger vehicles. Tesla won't be able to start gathering a lot of this useful data until the semi fleet gets quite a bit larger.

Source: https://wstc.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/2024-0516-BP16-ElectricVehicleIncentiveProgram.pdf

Thought this would be helpful to people, Income (at least in Washington) is a strong correlative indicator of EV adoption. In a market where people are currently spending less, that's an indicator that the market is hampering growth for Tesla. Thankfully, the market is still small enough to penetrate the overall 100M vehicle market going forward as long as inflation subsides and rates decrease to fuel consumer spending.

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 7.37.17 AM.png

Some other nuggets (that aren't equally 100% great but still good)...it looks like Robotaxi is the S-curve vehicle and, probably, Tesla's iPhone moment (i.e. the 5% to 25% car market penetration moment):

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 7.38.54 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 7.39.28 AM.png

BYD is really going all in here in Brazil, they opened a showroom in my smallish city, need to go check it out
There are numerous Dolphins (~ Model 3 sized) operating now in the Rio de Janeiro Uber fleet. I have ridden in them, one operated by a Chinese immigrant to Brazil FWIW. Especially with heavy traffic they are much more comfortable than are the ICE ones. My next door neighbor has two Volvo EV's, one XC40 and one C40, and just acquired a BYD Tan. I have not discussed his Tan acquisition, which for those who don't know is a bit larger than a Model Y sized SUV. They are already common in my area of Rio de Janeiro.

None of them are the cheapest here but they are more accessible than are most others, since BYD has established very strong and numerous dealers in several cities in Brazil.

Many people thought the cheaper Dolphin Mini (i.e. Seagull) would donate but so far it's' mostly larger models. I have yet to see a Dolphin Mini in traffic here. They are in the dealers.

Hope this showroom in your city does not do this:

It's inside a shopping mall, the good new is that there are so much closed stores and available space that not much would go with it
There are numerous Dolphins (~ Model 3 sized) operating now in the Rio de Janeiro Uber fleet. I have ridden in them, one operated by a Chinese immigrant to Brazil FWIW. Especially with heavy traffic they are much more comfortable than are the ICE ones. My next door neighbor has two Volvo EV's, one XC40 and one C40, and just acquired a BYD Tan. I have not discussed his Tan acquisition, which for those who don't know is a bit larger than a Model Y sized SUV. They are already common in my area of Rio de Janeiro.

None of them are the cheapest here but they are more accessible than are most others, since BYD has established very strong and numerous dealers in several cities in Brazil.

Many people thought the cheaper Dolphin Mini (i.e. Seagull) would donate but so far it's' mostly larger models. I have yet to see a Dolphin Mini in traffic here. They are in the dealers.
There is at least one in my neighborhood, if the price was lower and the range and charging better I would really consider for the near future, that goes also to recommending to my parents, but the once in a while long trip makes it not possible

Source: https://wstc.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/2024-0516-BP16-ElectricVehicleIncentiveProgram.pdf

Thought this would be helpful to people, Income (at least in Washington) is a strong correlative indicator of EV adoption. In a market where people are currently spending less, that's an indicator that the market is hampering growth for Tesla. Thankfully, the market is still small enough to penetrate the overall 100M vehicle market going forward as long as inflation subsides and rates decrease to fuel consumer spending.

View attachment 1049147

Some other nuggets (that aren't equally 100% great but still good)...it looks like Robotaxi is the S-curve vehicle and, probably, Tesla's iPhone moment (i.e. the 5% to 25% car market penetration moment):

View attachment 1049149

View attachment 1049150

I'm really curious to see what will happen in the used Model 3/ Y market with regards to adoption at different income levels. The trade-in / resale value for a 2020 Model Y is the similar to a BMW X3 but the running costs are much lower. Unfortunately I don't think many really know about the low operating and repair costs.

At SEC insistence, Tesla today distributed institutional opinions that are contrary to some Tesla BoD recommendations.
Giving some consideration to opinions contrary to one's initial reactions can be beneficial no matter what the subject.
Link: Notice of exempt solicitation (voluntary submission)
Crap, my bank Nordea is on the senders list there - no wonder they do not allow me to vote 😡😡😡.

I’ll have to leave them before next AGM then (fully, I think) - after nearly 50 years of being fairly happy with them.…