Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trunk and Doors need some elbow grease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to the Model 3, I look like a raging maniac trying to slam my trunk with all my strength! Same goes with the doors. There's been occasions where I closed it pretty hard and the trunk still wouldn't latch

Don't think there is a short-term solution, but it would be nice if Tesla could offer an auto trunk closure as an option in the future. One of these days my trunk door might just break off after slamming so much! And, people will continue staring at me in public for making so much commotion while merely trying to get my trunk to close properly. At least I'll get a good arm workout.

Thanks to the Model 3, I look like a raging maniac trying to slam my trunk with all my strength! Same goes with the doors. There's been occasions where I closed it pretty hard and the trunk still wouldn't latch

Don't think there is a short-term solution, but it would be nice if Tesla could offer an auto trunk closure as an option in the future. One of these days my trunk door might just break off after slamming so much! And, people will continue staring at me in public for making so much commotion while merely trying to get my trunk to close properly. At least I'll get a good arm workout.

Already been discussed in other threads. The seals are new and after some use the doors and trunk will get easier to close.