Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta add to this:
Elon Musk doesn't care about you

Straight up Linette is a troll.

Now the cult of Musk
That part tells me everything I need to know about her. Anytime someone refers to people who support Tesla as cultists, fanbois, Koolaid drinkers, etc, or calling Elon "fraudboy", I just totally disregard anything else they have to say. I mean really, what is so wrong about loving my Model S, eagerly anticipating my Model 3, and supporting the ONLY company that is building such compelling EV's???

Exactly.

I bought an early 2013 Model S. At the time they were revamping the fog lights, so I got caught in a small window where the car I ordered actually had fog lights removed from the tech pkg and thus I wouldn't get them even though when I ordered everything said I would.

I wrote an open letter on this forum, and sent a copy to Elon. He emailed me back directly and explained that they were redesigning them to be better, and promised I'd get them added. He then also asked me my opinion on what would be fair to offer to others in the same boat I was in, as he wanted to do right by folks.

So yeah... he doesn't care....:rolleyes:

That part tells me everything I need to know about her. Anytime someone refers to people who support Tesla as cultists, fanbois, Koolaid drinkers, etc, or calling Elon "fraudboy", I just totally disregard anything else they have to say. I mean really, what is so wrong about loving my Model S, eagerly anticipating my Model 3, and supporting the ONLY company that is building such compelling EV's???
Nothing wrong with the kool aid from Panoramusk : it's the magic potion that makes us stronger ... and longer :)

(If you don't understand this post, please google search for Asterix)

Reactions: 2virgule5
I gotta add to this:

Straight up Linette is a troll. There is nothing to prove just look at the history of articles she wrote. It's ludicrous

I'm sitting with my Teslas and TSLA just fine.
Not care, eh? Here he is spawning ideas (for free) how to save the cave kids in Thailand. Long thread:
Elon Musk Retweetade
Elon Musk‏Verifierat konto @elonmusk 12 timför 12 timmar sedan

Svar till @JamesWorldSpace
Maybe worth trying: insert a 1m diameter nylon tube (or shorter set of tubes for most difficult sections) through cave network & inflate with air like a bouncy castle. Should create an air tunnel underwater against cave roof & auto-conform to odd shapes like the 70cm hole.

113 svar 200 retweets 1 340 gillanden

I gotta add to this:

Straight up Linette is a troll. There is nothing to prove just look at the history of articles she wrote. It's ludicrous

It could also be that Linette Lopez is just lashing out. She is after all being publicly called out as worthless at her job and possibly also as a 'useful idiot' by a man who is not only one of the world's most successful entrepreneurs - but also someone many find very attractive. I do dare to add that the latter characteristic hardly is found by many in a man she is proud to interact with, i.e. Jim Chanos.

Further, that "Elon Musk cares about you" is obvious from a number of candid statements that he has made. He is in favour (in the longer term) of a Univeral Basic Income, he has his whole 'humanity needs to be multiplanetary' vision and a plan for it, he wants to make transportation sustainable (and become rich in the process, but having also put his personal fortune on the line) - apart from little things such a recreating a power grid on Puerto Rico (only this time sustainable and affordable), support low priced electricity for low income housing in South Australia, is what comes off the top of my head. In fact, if (US) haters of Musk want to point fingers at him, they could with some fairness label him a 'social democrat'. The horror.

Can the TSLA Round Table thread and General Investment Round Table thread be merged? They seem to do the same thing.
They started out as one thread, but some things are extremely short term, it was found better to keep them separate. Still it isn't perfect, but it seems better than when it was all one thread and impossible to keep up with.

Reactions: neroden and YasB
Can the TSLA Round Table thread and General Investment Round Table thread be merged? They seem to do the same thing.

Mea culpa. I'm interested in practically everything—no taste. Hence someone might contribute an idea which really is of general interest or should be in Market Politics thread but I don't know how to move the original post and response to the appropriate thread. For my more outrageous offenses I am sometimes successful using the PM function and continuing there. I do see we can create a thread. I'll try that next time if appropriate.

Interesting thread on Twitter where a bear (Jin SEO) asks Cate Long (not sure who she is, but she seems quite level headed and respected) about her opinion on Tesla's balance sheet. She indicates it shows a need to restructure or recapitalize. The really interesting part to me is the next couple of tweets, where Tesla4Everman brings up the effect of increasing model 3 sales from 18k in Q2 to 65k in Q3. She responds that ramping at that rate seems unrealistic.

'Elon: Hold my beer'

I gotta add to this:

seems like a rather revealing slip to open the article at the very start,

“In light of Tesla founder Elon Musk's tweetstorms railing against media coverage against the company,...”

It could also be that Linette Lopez is just lashing out. She is after all being publicly called out as worthless at her job and possibly also as a 'useful idiot' by a man who is not only one of the world's most successful entrepreneurs - but also someone many find very attractive. I do dare to add that the latter characteristic hardly is found by many in a man she is proud to interact with, i.e. Jim Chanos.

Further, that "Elon Musk cares about you" is obvious from a number of candid statements that he has made. He is in favour (in the longer term) of a Univeral Basic Income, he has his whole 'humanity needs to be multiplanetary' vision and a plan for it, he wants to make transportation sustainable (and become rich in the process, but having also put his personal fortune on the line) - apart from little things such a recreating a power grid on Puerto Rico (only this time sustainable and affordable), support low priced electricity for low income housing in South Australia, is what comes off the top of my head. In fact, if (US) haters of Musk want to point fingers at him, they could with some fairness label him a 'social democrat'. The horror.

“article” is from a couple of months ago

• Informative
Reactions: lklundin
I find it interesting that US autos did not take a hit to speak of from the Chinese tariffs imposed today. Perhaps it's built into the stock price as it has been anticipated for a couple weeks. Autos in Autos in p particular are doubly hit not only by the overall price sanctions but by aluminum, steel, and other items included in the price of the car.

Doesn’t work weekly, but it has been very profitable for me. It’s essentially the spread negativity in articles/twitter/SA and the actual performance of the company. It’s not just negativity....for example, when the X was delayed significantly (and Tesla Energy was eerily quiet) there were lots of negative articles, however they were justified and the SP stayed down.

Seriously not advice. You won’t be hearing from me for a bit, putting down my dog today.

Hang in there Hog. That is a tough deal. To lose a selfless canine buddy is never easy.

Sharyl Attkison refers to this sort of thing as an attempt to ”controversialize” a person or group making factual public statements that reveal the falsehood of narratives an interest group is trying to persuade the public about via a campaign placed in the media. (It’s, of course, not just about referring to folks saying constructive things about Tesla as “cult members” “fanboys”... many narratives about Elon fit this notion of attempting to “contraversialize” him... “welfare poster boy”, “Trumplike”, “thin skinned”, “libtard”, “billionaire elitist”, even some attempts at “misogynist”, “anti-semitic”)

Attkisson’s name may be familiar with people here from the US. For decades she was a network investigative journalist for CBS. She won 4 emmys and a Edward R Murrow award before leaving CBS because of the impact she believes concentrated wealth buying these campaigns had on restricting reporting at CBS and other media outlets.

Here is a couple of brief (10 minute) sample of Attkisson’s thoughts from a Ted Talk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.