Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_6159.jpeg

Let’s goooo!

1000027087.jpg

Managed to get home without major issue. Decided to rain lightly on the way home. So the car looks quite nice with the droplets on it.

Was so nervous I ended up going via mostly back streets. So took me ages to get home but did manage to fully calibrate the cameras. So that's a plus.

Such a smooth drive. So glad I got this thing. Cadan at Mt Gravatt Tesla was so good to deal with. Was such a smooth pick up. Couldn't spot any issues with paint or panel alignment or the other things.

View attachment 1043962
Managed to get home without major issue. Decided to rain lightly on the way home. So the car looks quite nice with the droplets on it.

Was so nervous I ended up going via mostly back streets. So took me ages to get home but did manage to fully calibrate the cameras. So that's a plus.

Such a smooth drive. So glad I got this thing. Cadan at Mt Gravatt Tesla was so good to deal with. Was such a smooth pick up. Couldn't spot any issues with paint or panel alignment or the other things.
Awesome, congratulations!

• Love
Reactions: BTRProducer
View attachment 1043962

Congrats!

View attachment 1043962

Very nice, enjoy your ride

I just updated my order. I did have the M3P with blue paint and black interior but I had seen a lot of people talking up how good the stealth grey looks in person so I drove an hour and a half to the nearest showroom and looked at one for myself. And yep I was convinced. The rep at the store assured me that at this early stage changing the colour wasn’t going to jeopardise my position in line so I did it. The white interior I changed because the stealth grey 3 they had at the showroom had the white and they just looked so good together I couldn’t help it.

I just updated my order. I did have the M3P with blue paint and black interior but I had seen a lot of people talking up how good the stealth grey looks in person so I drove an hour and a half to the nearest showroom and looked at one for myself. And yep I was convinced. The rep at the store assured me that at this early stage changing the colour wasn’t going to jeopardise my position in line so I did it. The white interior I changed because the stealth grey 3 they had at the showroom had the white and they just looked so good together I couldn’t help it.
While it won't change YOUR position in line, the config you choose most certainly can.

Note not real numbers and definatly wrong but as an example - Lets say they made 100 cars for Aus in batch one. 20 of each colour, 15 black and 5 white interior. Changing from Blue/black to Grey/White might mean you miss out on a allocation if you were number say 6th in line.

While it won't change YOUR position in line, the config you choose most certainly can.

Note not real numbers and definatly wrong but as an example - Lets say they made 100 cars for Aus in batch one. 20 of each colour, 15 black and 5 white interior. Changing from Blue/black to Grey/White might mean you miss out on an allocation if you were number say 6th in line.
Yep I do realise that a less popular config may mean a bit of a longer wait I was mainly talking about the position though. I’m happy to wait a little longer to get the config I want. My biggest regret when I got my current 3 was not getting the performance. I had a LR on order and they dropped the prices across the board which meant for only a few thousand dollars more than what I was going to pay for the LR I could have gotten the P. But I knew that would put me further back in line again so I opted to take the LR. After a while though I realised that it was probably a silly decision as waiting an extra few weeks was nothing compared with a few years with the car I actually wanted. I was just so excited to get a Tesla I didn’t want to wait an hour longer than I needed too.
This time around I already have two Teslas so I feel a little more patient I guess. I did hastily chose a config when they went on sale but now that I’ve time to think about it and see the stealth grey I don’t mind a small delay to get what I really want. Especially seeing as now that I will finally have the Performance I always wanted I’ll likely be keeping this one longer than my current M3.

Reactions: Brando_o
Yep I do realise that a less popular config may mean a bit of a longer wait I was mainly talking about the position though. I’m happy to wait a little longer to get the config I want. My biggest regret when I got my current 3 was not getting the performance. I had a LR on order and they dropped the prices across the board which meant for only a few thousand dollars more than what I was going to pay for the LR I could have gotten the P. But I knew that would put me further back in line again so I opted to take the LR. After a while though I realised that it was probably a silly decision as waiting an extra few weeks was nothing compared with a few years with the car I actually wanted. I was just so excited to get a Tesla I didn’t want to wait an hour longer than I needed too.
This time around I already have two Teslas so I feel a little more patient I guess. I did hastily chose a config when they went on sale but now that I’ve time to think about it and see the stealth grey I don’t mind a small delay to get what I really want. Especially seeing as now that I will finally have the Performance I always wanted I’ll likely be keeping this one longer than my current M3.
This was the first time I've ever ordered a car to tbr exact specs I wanted. Normally I just go with whatever is in inventory. So while I was frustrated by the wait, I know it was totally worth it to have exactly what I wanted.

It also means I adore this car a bit more than otherwise.

Reactions: muddie and Jules22