Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I must be missing something quite vital to operating our cars -- the regen line is something I always felt was a bit of a gimmick but clearly a lot of people find it critical information. Reminder to self: pay close attention to regen indication line...
I like looking at it as I guess lots of others do but also other than knowing if you have limited power or regen, it doesn’t really do anything useful. More a “Ooo, this hill is steep enough that I am charging the battery while maintaining my speed”.

It’s the inner Nigel in me (If you remember those adverts?).

Reactions: KennethS
I was of course being somewhat tongue in cheek and am a big believer that all data is good data. It just seemed a lot of passion over a small thing. Knowing when brake regeneration is reduced is important but when the battery is cold or regen reduced because the charge level is high the car provides specific notification.

We have a lot of complainers here. As a foreigner it’s not my place to say perhaps it’s a British thing….

Reactions: spdpsba
I was of course being somewhat tongue in cheek and am a big believer that all data is good data. It just seemed a lot of passion over a small thing. Knowing when brake regeneration is reduced is important but when the battery is cold or regen reduced because the charge level is high the car provides specific notification.

We have a lot of complainers here. As a foreigner it’s not my place to say perhaps it’s a British thing….
You'll need to learn how to complain if you want to pass your Life in the UK test to become a citizen someday. Also need to sharpen your sarcasm into a fine instrument ;)

I said to a guy on a call from another country the other day "Hi, how are you?" as the normal greeting and he started to tell me how things are not good. I had to stop him and say "Sorry but it's just a greeting, I don't care if your life sucks. Just answer I'm good and you? so you stick to British the script". :)

• Funny
Reactions: KennethS
The average speed camera chime worked while navigation volume was on mute, although it wasn't a really noticeable sound (like an old door bell) whilst listening to music.

The display however was fantastic, below the speed limit it showed my actual average speed whilst in the section.
I'm looking forward to that as there's tons of these zones near me. Good to hear it's nice.