Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just mentioned in the connectivity thread that when I requested a service via the App it told the car was unable to DC Fast charge, with the date of the 14th May which is when I did the update I think.

Can anyone else who have had the update pop in the app and start the request a service process to see if they also have the message, it auto populated on the first couple of screens.

Thanks

Could someone confirm: are we in UK now on the actual v12 stack or is it only the UI that is v12 and the SW stack is still v11?
My understanding is this version packs FSD v12 but outside USA/Canada no bits of code are used and we still rely on legacy code with UNECE provisions for AP / Summon etc...
We might see some 'flags' enabled for partial upgrades like the new Autopark soon but this isn't the case yet afaik..

Happy to stand corrected if someone has more accurate info.

First impressions on 2024.14.6 for me on a 2020 Atom car...

Documented
  • Like the trip progress bar
  • Like the speed camera chime
  • Like the wiper control
  • Not been offered a new route yet, so we'll see
  • Clearly not been in an average sped camera zone, as not seen that either
  • I don't use Audible, but the missus will like it
  • I guess someone needs to trigger my sentry mode to see how that works out
  • Not really sure I understand the Spotify change tbh
Undocumented
  • Larger speedometer is probably better, but it looks *SO* big
  • The power/regen bar placement on the right is nigh on useless now
  • The improved mini-player for media is nice
  • The new 'see more stuff' visualisation has more detail, but is also comedy gold for lorries driving over cars, random people appearing, and even ghost motorcyclists this morning.

Reactions: as400
Tesla model S with 2024.14.6 installed yesterday and noticed lots more cars, pedestrians on the visualisation than before. Also, the brake-lights on the cars ahead are shown. So, although not changing the quality of the drive, it shows you more on how much the car is aware of in a better detail. Also found audible being a nice addition.

Could someone confirm: are we in UK now on the actual v12 stack or is it only the UI that is v12 and the SW stack is still v11?
Think the stack is v12 but we only get the benefits of the visualisation. Everything else like autopilot will still be on the non-FSD legacy code base.

So I have just been out after installing 14.6. Apparently, I now have 'High Fidelity' visualisation when parking. If that is meant to be the weird alien cloud images, similar to something from a Stephen King novel, surrounding my car then I think Tesla and I have a different understanding of High Fidelity. The distance countdown and proximity alarms don't operate either. Plus, I've lost the regen bar. Larger speedo is good though.

So I have just been out after installing 14.6. Apparently, I now have 'High Fidelity' visualisation when parking. If that is meant to be the weird alien cloud images, similar to something from a Stephen King novel, surrounding my car then I think Tesla and I have a different understanding of High Fidelity. The distance countdown and proximity alarms don't operate either. Plus, I've lost the regen bar. Larger speedo is good though.
regen bar is there.. just in other place AFAIK

Weirdly I was following a Mini Clubman yesterday and my Tesla showed it as a lorry!

Maybe it’s programmed as the next iteration of mini. At the rate they are growing in size it won’t be long before they are the size of a lorry.

I remember once having to duck (not really duck) queuing for a drive through once as the car in front suddenly turned into a juggernaut doing 360 degrees loops across the front of our car.

Regen bar is there... "hidden"

Attachments

• 20240515_164827.jpg
    20240515_164827.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240515_172026.jpg
    20240515_172026.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240515_172045.jpg
    20240515_172045.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Informative
Reactions: Doudeau
I'm struggling to see the new regen bar and I feel I need to move my head to the left to see.

The display gets very busy when there are lots of vehicles within sight, especially when there are at least 4 lanes each direction on the motorway.

People are shown from much further afield.

The car can mistakingly see motorbikes and people in bushes at the side of the road - well, at least, I'm hoping there aren't all these people hiding in the bushes.

It can spot brake lights and indicators from a reasonable distance.

I am surprised it still doesn't recognise a horse and rider, after all these years. So it glitches more than ever while trying to display this as a walking person. For any self drive, this is really important.

I do like the speed camera chime.

I quite like the regen / power bar. The lack of one in the Mach-E really annoyed me when I had one for the weekend.

Not mentioned yet but a lot of new stuff in the service mode pages, including a new change-log separate from the normal car one. Also new navigation data downloading as I write.

Possibly unrelated but would be good if someone could confirm my sanity...

Upgrade to 2024.14.6 today. We've never used the glovebox PIN aside from as part of the valet mode function several months ago.

My daughter put her phone in the glovebox today whilst swimming and when trying to open the glovebox afterwards it was asking for a PIN. I tried some likely combinations but no use, had to remove the PIN by entering my email and pw.

Has anyone else on this update found that Glovebox PIN was automatically enabled after this update?