Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024.14.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, on the 3/Y at least, the Atom MCU is also water cooled. The service instructions for removing it reference unplugging and tapping the coolant lines for it when removing/reinstalling it.

It is potentially a less effective cooling system compared to the Ryzen one, which is looped in with get Octovalve & heatpump setup, but it is at least better than air cooling.

I suspect there isn’t a commercial will to do it at this time, and possibly ever, than a technical one. The Tesla of today is a different company to the one that offered MCU upgrades to early Model S/X owners.
It’s a different sized module so they’d have to come up with another module design to fit it in the older cars all for just a few people that would buy it, it just doesn’t make commercial sense I suspect.

I do think they’d have offered it if it fit, why not at the end of the day.

Reactions: Durzel
I realise that but to give advanced warning it has to know that you will still be on the same road when you arrive at the camera.
There may be numerous cameras on nearby roads that you could turn on to and should you be given warnings for these also.
It gives you warning about 100m from the camera as you approach, it's not remotely challenging, others manage perfectly well.

Google even manages to warn you about mobile vans!

Just installed 14.16 and gone for first drive. In my 2020 M3LR, indicator behaviour has changed. Giving the stalk a flick doesn't just do a few blinks now, it seems to keep going until it thinks I have changed lane or exited a roundabout. This seems dodgy, e.g. if I leave a roundabout and there is a left turn soon after, it can appear I am indicating for the left turn. Can't see a way to disable and apologies if already covered.

Just installed 14.16 and gone for first drive. In my 2020 M3LR, indicator behaviour has changed. Giving the stalk a flick doesn't just do a few blinks now, it seems to keep going until it thinks I have changed lane or exited a roundabout. This seems dodgy, e.g. if I leave a roundabout and there is a left turn soon after, it can appear I am indicating for the left turn. Can't see a way to disable and apologies if already covered.
There was an option they added a while ago that was something like that.. I switched it off partly because it disabled the short blinks. Has it become enabled during the upgrade?

Reactions: sofarso
That's terrible for repairability, and the customer..

Not necessarily. It's likely better for reliability and longevity which is better for the customer.

Tesla obviously has confidence in it's battery packs as they still warranty them.

This video from Gruber Motor addresses this very issue in detail.

It's far from a disposable car as suggested by the earlier post.

In my experience that feature works pretty well. As you have surmised it may have been switched on by default in the most recent update.

But you can't just swap out a single module, or even cell anymore.

That's terrible for repairability, and the customer.

I'd rather have a battery that can be repaired than the weight saving from a structural battery.
They will repair them but just not your pack. They'll likely take your pack out, put in a reconditioned pack and then send your faulty pack off to find the problem batteries / modules and replace them. It's then ready to be used as another reconditioned pack.

Frankly I don't plan to own a car for longer than the 8 year battery warranty so it's someone else's problem that buys second hand or keeps the car for a very long time.

Well, I have to figure out why I've fallen from Elon's grace. I used to get my updates in the first batch of the very first few % of the fleet on Teslafi. We're above 20%+ now and still nothing in sight... Still hopeful to play with it this weekend and try HF Park Assist on my USS car.

Reactions: Redbaron73
Well, I have to figure out why I've fallen from Elon's grace. I used to get my updates in the first batch of the very first few % of the fleet on Teslafi. We're above 20%+ now and still nothing in sight... Still hopeful to play with it this weekend and try HF Park Assist on my USS car.
No update for me either but I've always been at the end of waves on wife's car. Nothing today so back to 24 hour wait to see if anything tomorrow.

Not necessarily. It's likely better for reliability and longevity which is better for the customer.

Tesla obviously has confidence in it's battery packs as they still warranty them.

This video from Gruber Motor addresses this very issue in detail.

It's far from a disposable car as suggested by the earlier post.
It's trying to get away from the just replace the whole thing mentality, that's excellent for a manufacturer but leads to stupid bills for customers.

I think even Sandy Munro has made mention that the new resin filled packs are basically unrepairable, that the pack is warranted for 8 years is poor as that means some of the FUD about EVs ends up being partially true as a new battery may well mechanically total and older car.

I just don't see why it's a good thing, a compromise with a bit more weight in the pack meaning it can be repaired by swapping a module and still be structural sounds just fine to me, it seems to be a bit myopic to me.

The whole 'best car thing' is all well and good but repairability is one of the factors that makes it the best car. Oh and spend a couple of pence on a flipping rain sensor and get over the damaged ego Elon.

I would even expect third party service centres to be able to replace cells, or pouches, and offer a refurbished module for those who repair packs.

Tesla model S with 2024.14.6 installed yesterday and noticed lots more cars, pedestrians on the visualisation than before. Also, the brake-lights on the cars ahead are shown. So, although not changing the quality of the drive, it shows you more on how much the car is aware of in a better detail. Also found audible being a nice addition.

Could someone confirm: are we in UK now on the actual v12 stack or is it only the UI that is v12 and the SW stack is still v11?

Reactions: squarepeg77