Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#159 Twilight Blue - Carlsbad, CA [SOLD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pharma5

Roadster F#25, Model 3 #36xx
Nov 22, 2011
central NJ
New ebay ad indicates 435 miles on the odo with buy-it-now of $64,995:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008...5945019?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a7d0a86bb

This car had previously been listed on ebay, over a year ago, with an apparent pricing controversy at the time:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/6683-159-on-eBay

It would appear to be a really good find if the battery has been treated to storage mode properly...:confused:

Tesla Roadster 159.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is basically the same mileage as last time. It seems it has sat still for the past year.
435 miles since 2008? Shame. Cells do wear out eventually just due to age even if not used.

"Vehicle millage range on a full charge is 220 miles"

Sounds like the battery pack is out of balance. Amazingly low price and low miles. I always wonder someone could have one these cars and only drive it 400 miles!

As I wrote on the previous thread on this car, I went down and test drove it a year ago. The car is very clean, as one would expect with so few miles. But the seller is a bit sketchy. You may notice that he has no feedback. That is because he is using a new username on eBay. The one he used before was on the auction in which he had listed the car with a buy in now of $65k, but after we talked and I offered to buy it in person for $65k he said he would not sell it to me for less than $80k and he pulled the listing (with a bid on it).

When I asked him about the battery he said it needs to be drained down low for battery health. That spooked me.

Finally, in case anyone cares, the guy is a professional hypnotist with a show in Vegas, and he lives part time in Vegas and part time in Carlsbad.

Hm, not a very good one if you didn't drive away in a Blue Roadster with a check missing from your checkbook. ;)
Hahaha. Indeed!

There were a few scratches on the sills, which I find to be typical. Otherwise it looked brand new. But the battery condition was a concern then, and a bigger one now. I was sold before I got there, but he managed to turn it into a non-deal.

His pricing at the time was low at 65 and high at 80. Now I'm sure he wishes he had sold it to me or someone else for 65.

Good luck, Rich, and enjoy the car. It looks like you probably got a great deal. When I drove the car 18 months ago it was in pristine condition, with the possible exception of the battery. Welcome to the fabulous world of Roadster ownership!