Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 model s Moisture?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I have a 2015 model s with around 94k miles on it. I have noticed that after heavy rain and car washes, the car will throw up 2 error codes, BMS_a170 and BMS_W035. The Tesla technicians never found the issue.
Do the 2015 model s have common moisture issues? How can this issue be fixed?
Yes, this is a known problem. Water can leak in from the top of the pack. Usually the AC condensate line is the problem, corrodes a steel access panel.

However, you might have a late '15 where they had redesigned the routing of the line.

There are pics and info on TMC if you search for them.

This issue cannot be fixed without dropping, and possibly opening the pack. This could disturb the sealing of the rapid mate connection in the back of the pack, making things worse.

Avoid washing the car and use a cir cover would be what I would do immediately.

Upvote 0
Yes, this is a known problem. Water can leak in from the top of the pack. Usually the AC condensate line is the problem, corrodes a steel access panel.

However, you might have a late '15 where they had redesigned the routing of the line.

There are pics and info on TMC if you search for them.

This issue cannot be fixed without dropping, and possibly opening the pack. This could disturb the sealing of the rapid mate connection in the back of the pack, making things worse.

Avoid washing the car and use a cir cover would be what I would do immediately.
Thank you very much! I am wondering if the battery warranty expired last July, does that mean I have the early or late 15 model? Should I try and get this issue fixed? Does this mean I will need a battery replacement or the steel access panel to be replaced?
Thank you!

Upvote 0
Thank you very much! I am wondering if the battery warranty expired last July, does that mean I have the early or late 15 model? Should I try and get this issue fixed? Does this mean I will need a battery replacement or the steel access panel to be replaced?
Thank you!
Having owned a mid June '15 85D, I can say you should have the updated AC drain hose.

Def keep it away from moisture, and take it on a drive on a warm day to help dry it out.

Try Recell to get a free diagnosis,or if you like the car, just get a new 350v pack from Tesla.

Upvote 0
Having owned a mid June '15 85D, I can say you should have the updated AC drain hose.

Def keep it away from moisture, and take it on a drive on a warm day to help dry it out.

Try Recell to get a free diagnosis,or if you like the car, just get a new 350v pack from Tesla.
Question, If my car doesnt have the updated ac line, is it something that can be changed? Also, what do you think can be done to ensure that this does not happen again? Thank you very much for your help!

Upvote 0