Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 Model S, LR, FSV, $75K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I am getting a 2020 Model S with FSV for $75K with ~1K miles on it. This is probably a test drive model. The color is not my first preference (I prefer red), but I think I like it after staring at it enough. Black interior. 21" wheels. Free supercharging. Is this a good price?

Also - I am told that I can remove the FSV option and get a $7K price reduction. I am thinking of taking that option. Any advice on this issue is appreciated.

FWIW - I am a tesla newbie. Don't know a whole lot about Teslas.

Thanks.

Is this from Tesla? You can compare by looking at the configurator on Tesla's site:
Design Your Model S | Tesla

Be sure to click "Purchase Price" on the right column. The configurator defaults to the potential savings price, which is bogus when you need to know how much you need to shell out. The base price for a white Model S with 19" wheels is $74,900. The 21" wheels add $4500 and FSD is $7K. So $75K for 21" wheels and FSD is a pretty good price. If it isn't white that's another extra thrown in for free.

The 21" wheels are popular with some people, but from what I've heard they don't have great tire life and you will take a hit in range (less than 10%). People are always selling 19" wheels here on the forum so you can probably replace the wheels pretty cheap if you want to swap them out for 19s.

I have the older, less capable autopilot, but I rarely use it, but I don't get stuck in rush hour traffic very often either. Personally I only use autopilot where I would use cruise control on another car or in stop and go freeway rush hour traffic. It's great for those two things, but the rest of the time the car is too much fun to drive to let the computer do it. The basic price includes the basic autopilot that does more than my car can. However the full self driving package would probably help resale down the road when it comes time to sell the car.

• Helpful
  • Disagree
Reactions: GSP and Iceh8r
Probably a test drive model? If it is truly a demo (not a return or something), then it is a good price. Tesla has some pretty good demo deals going on right now, and this would be another example. Sticker price on this car with FSD would be $87,690 to $89,190 (depending on exterior color) and would've been $92,690 to $94,190 before May's $5k price reduction.

If you are unsure about FSD, I would say go without and save the $7k. You can always add it later (will be a higher price) if you decide you actually want it. I wouldn't add it later if you are leasing, of course.

Edit: I just reread your listing title, this is an LR and not originally or unlocked to an LR+?

Last edited:
Sorry I made the mistake of using wrong acronym. Should have used FSD instead of FSV in my original post.

The tesla sales rep was telling me that customers sometimes return cars (or don't take delivery), and tesla uses them for test drives. The car was built in Feb end, so she thinks it's a test drive car. Exterior color is grey.

I re-read the car description which says LR+. I don't know the difference to pay attention to the plus the first time :)

Thanks for reassuring that I am not making a catastrophe spontaneous decision.

FSV or full self vacuuming is to come later as part of the "self cleaning" package. ;)

When built, this car (midnight silver, black interior, 21" wheels, FSD) would've had a sticker price of $94,190. Tesla cut prices $5k in May and it looks like you are getting an additional $14k off as a demo. I don't think California (your location says “Bay area” so I assume that's where you are registering the car) has any tax credits/rebates/incentives for new MS but you may want to confirm this is a new/untitled car anyway.

LR+ added more range over the LR.

hopefully you got the car and was able to get free unlimited supercharging since today was last day for deal.. hopefully they bring it back

New forum member. Do you find these demo deals on the tesla website or through a sales rep? Have been looking on EV CPO and Tesla-info but haven’t come across anything close to this price. Any advice would be much appreciated!

2020 Tesla Model S Long Range Plus is about $75K with 402 miles range. You will come across some of the demo with 1-2K miles for about 73K-74K. i.e. 2020 Model S | Tesla

Work with Owner Advisor who have access to them, they usually have better deal at the tail end of the quarter.

Last edited:
2020 Tesla Model S Long Range Plus is about $75K with 402 miles range. You will come across some of the demo with 1-2K miles for about 73K-74K. i.e. 2020 Model S | Tesla

Work with Owner Advisor who have access to them, they usually have better deal at the tail end of the quarter.

Thanks for the link. I am looking for something similar to the OP - LR+ with FSD for around $75K. Will check with the owner advisor as you suggested.