Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Retooling Window ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know if the line is down or not, but having a line down may be to install different assembly processes (i.e. robots) or other production changes that have zero effect on the final product. Tesla is always looking for ways to optimize the process and improve production & safety. Then again, it's difficult to do line maintenance while the line is running so, that could be a primary reason for a line shutdown.

Reactions: calm-one
Meaning you can use them for an occasional track day but they won't hold up to real track abuse.

I can tell you that they do like more heat that the OEM pads, but it doesn't take much at all. When cold they stop a little better than OEM, but after just a little bit of heat they will nosedive your car and stop on a dime. I had to upgrade my rotors too, but that's just because of a desert thing - otherwise I would have left the OEM rotors on there. Here there's an issue with a ton of dust and gunk building up on the pads and I needed a slotted rotor to keep the pads cleaned off. But that is the case with any car I've owned here, not just Tesla. Easy to ruin a rotor when you're doing a hard brake from 150+ with gummed up pads.
Thx! I will these pads in mind for the future. For the time being, when I'm driving like an asshole, I just leave myself plenty of runway to stop, LOL.