Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

21” Uberturbine Wheels/Tires $1800

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2k miles
Wheels and tires
Pirelli tires
No curbs

Colorado area

Attachments

• 2A69D186-6FD1-40EE-A19A-C86A8C492A07.jpeg
    2A69D186-6FD1-40EE-A19A-C86A8C492A07.jpeg
    581.2 KB · Views: 130
  • ED0E8B0B-57B0-4C02-A8B2-3999AF20BB15.jpeg
    ED0E8B0B-57B0-4C02-A8B2-3999AF20BB15.jpeg
    517.6 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: RoBoRaT
I have a 2021 MYP with Perelli p-zero tires for 21-inch ubertine wheels - based in the Austin area. So sorry I am not interested in buying yours. Need some info - if you could share that would be great. I have been noticing MYP owners are replacing the factory fitted wheels and tires for something different. Could you please share the reason? Better ride comfort? Did you replace with 19 or 20 inch wheels from Tesla? or 3rd party? @Jkimyh @itsroundrock

I have a 2021 MYP with Perelli p-zero tires for 21-inch ubertine wheels - based in the Austin area. So sorry I am not interested in buying yours. Need some info - if you could share that would be great. I have been noticing MYP owners are replacing the factory fitted wheels and tires for something different. Could you please share the reason? Better ride comfort? Did you replace with 19 or 20 inch wheels from Tesla? or 3rd party? @Jkimyh @itsroundrock
There's a number of reasons

Very low profile tires like these can sometimes suffer more damage from bad roads
Ride quality isn't great (but you really need to go down to 19s for an improvement)
Tires are very expensive ($350+) and few options
For the longest time they only shipped with summer tires and some people would rather have all seasons (now it's hit or miss if the car comes with all seasons or not)
Can't rotate them since rear wheels are wider
Wildly heavy (I think almost 80 pounds per wheel and tire)
Better range with a 19" (you essentially go back to a Model Y LR)

Some people prefer the style so there is some market for it, unfortunately not a huge market. Tesla would probably sell these for $4500 or something, secondary market seems to be like $1800 to $2200... some hold out for $2500+

I will admit that the 19s look a little too small for the Model Y where as the 21s fill the wheel well a little better

I haven't decided if I'm keeping mine or not. I do have a set of winter tires on Gemini wheels (the stock 19 inch) so I'm set for the winter... we'll see what the 21s are like...

Well said. One small thing: you can rotate the 21s side to side, which I do each year. Still burn through rears more quickly. The cornering responsiveness is also greater on a 21 vs the smaller diameter.

Having swapped them each summer and winter, they are heavy! The weight can be an advantage at highway speeds due to higher inertia to keep moving, but at low speed stop and starts, the weight is a penalty for sure.

There's a number of reasons

Very low profile tires like these can sometimes suffer more damage from bad roads
Ride quality isn't great (but you really need to go down to 19s for an improvement)
Tires are very expensive ($350+) and few options
For the longest time they only shipped with summer tires and some people would rather have all seasons (now it's hit or miss if the car comes with all seasons or not)
Can't rotate them since rear wheels are wider
Wildly heavy (I think almost 80 pounds per wheel and tire)
Better range with a 19" (you essentially go back to a Model Y LR)

Some people prefer the style so there is some market for it, unfortunately not a huge market. Tesla would probably sell these for $4500 or something, secondary market seems to be like $1800 to $2200... some hold out for $2500+

I will admit that the 19s look a little too small for the Model Y where as the 21s fill the wheel well a little better

I haven't decided if I'm keeping mine or not. I do have a set of winter tires on Gemini wheels (the stock 19 inch) so I'm set for the winter... we'll see what the 21s are like...
@acarney - Really nice of you to respond. Sorry only today I got to check TMC. Appreciate it.