Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

23" wheels on model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

luxeous

Aug 3, 2018
LA
Hey all - just bought a new P100D and am looking to have a set of wheels made for it. We have some forged 23" blanks that we were considering making a set out of but as far as I have seen nobody has done 23"s on an X yet. If the weight of the 23's was less than stock I'm assuming my range should be similar, correct? Is there anything else other than the obvious decrease in ride quality that might be an issue such as rubbing, etc? Just wondering why it hasn't been done yet when people are going up 1" on the S fairly often.

I drove a Urus for the weekend with stock 23's and it really made the car look aggressive. Pretty interesting cars to compare.. will try to do a more in-depth comparison of them later.

TIA

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Hey all - just bought a new P100D and am looking to have a set of wheels made for it. We have some forged 23" blanks that we were considering making a set out of but as far as I have seen nobody has done 23"s on an X yet. If the weight of the 23's was less than stock I'm assuming my range should be similar, correct? Is there anything else other than the obvious decrease in ride quality that might be an issue such as rubbing, etc? Just wondering why it hasn't been done yet when people are going up 1" on the S fairly often.

I drove a Urus for the weekend with stock 23's and it really made the car look aggressive. Pretty interesting cars to compare.. will try to do a more in-depth comparison of them later.

TIA
The front tire height of 29.4" for both the 20 and 22 is a hard limit for a tire to fit...I tried a step up going to 30.3" and it did not fit in the wheel well on full steering lock, was rubbing in two place...if there are tires you can find for 23" that do not exceed around 29.5-ish" they will fit.