Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to Purchase - Possible to Trade Uberturbine Wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I am just about to order my first Tesla. I really want a Model 3 Performance, but they are saying that you can only get the 20" Uberturbine wheels on it. First, I'd like something with more sidewall on the tire. Second, I think those wheels are hideous (sorry if you have them....it's a personal thing). What's the likelihood that I could find someone with a set of the 19 inch wheels to do a trade with me?

Todd

(Moderator note: hello, welcome to TMC. Hope you choose to stay a while. TMC has a specific section for buying and selling of tesla parts etc, and your question / request is around selling (trading) wheels with someone, so I moved it there.)

Hello,
I am just about to order my first Tesla. I really want a Model 3 Performance, but they are saying that you can only get the 20" Uberturbine wheels on it. First, I'd like something with more sidewall on the tire. Second, I think those wheels are hideous (sorry if you have them....it's a personal thing). What's the likelihood that I could find someone with a set of the 19 inch wheels to do a trade with me?

Todd
Unless they’re aftermarket 19s
Hello,

Todd
The OEM 19s won’t fit on the performance 3 without a lot of finagling. Even the Model Y 19s won’t fit without spacers. I have a performance 3 with the PUP option. I ended up buying a set of 18s for the winter. If you’d like to trade your Uberturbines for my OEM silver performance 20s..........

Unless they’re aftermarket 19s

The OEM 19s won’t fit on the performance 3 without a lot of finagling. Even the Model Y 19s won’t fit without spacers. I have a performance 3 with the PUP option. I ended up buying a set of 18s for the winter. If you’d like to trade your Uberturbines for my OEM silver performance 20s..........

the OEM Model 3 19" wheels do fit, the older ones will need a 3mm spacer to clear the hub lip, the newer ones have the hub lip cut out and fit right on.

I have a set of OEM 19's with the hub lip cutout im willing to trade locally. pm me. thanks

Reactions: 6H057
the OEM Model 3 19" wheels do fit, the older ones will need a 3mm spacer to clear the hub lip, the newer ones have the hub lip cut out and fit right on.

I have a set of OEM 19's with the hub lip cutout im willing to trade locally. pm me. thanks
How new? What year? That’s interesting. I attempted to test fit a 2019 set of 19s and they wouldn’t fit properly on my M3P. That’s good to know

How new? What year? That’s interesting. I attempted to test fit a 2019 set of 19s and they wouldn’t fit properly on my M3P. That’s good to know

did you take note what didnt fit? its likely the bore lip if its an old set of 19's but it will work if you add 3mm spacer. im not sure how new these set of 19's i got are as you know with tesla they just make changes on the fly..

here is a pic i found online of the 19's, you can see the center has an extra lip cut out to fit the performance model 3's (this is what you need to look for)
20180928_151132-jpg.15463

Reactions: 6H057
did you take note what didnt fit? its likely the bore lip if its an old set of 19's but it will work if you add 3mm spacer. im not sure how new these set of 19's i got are as you know with tesla they just make changes on the fly..

here is a pic i found online of the 19's, you can see the center has an extra lip cut out to fit the performance model 3's (this is what you need to look for)
I wasn’t keen on adding a spacer. With the pic for reference, I see what you’re talking about. The set I test fitted did not have an inner bore like the one pictured

apparently according to some members on here reporting that the new 2021 M3P have a 72mm center bore... that could explain why the previous wheels (all 64.1mm) doesn't fit the new M3P. But so far nobody has taken a caliper to their hubs yet...

To the original poster: I am sure you will be able to trade those, many find that an upgrade (going to the larger rims/lower profile tires, since the car will handle better).
The information about the fit will be more of a decisive factor, if someone else’s wheels won’t fit on your car. If the model 3 I am waiting on we’re just for me to drive, I would trade. Of course in that case, I would have ordered a performance model myself!