Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@iyordanov
Installed this trunk sill protector in my 2018 Model S 100D in 2018.
Any thoughts on a version for the 2021+…?
Perhaps a clear matte product like your sill protector. Very happy with it.
Or will that not be flexible enough to conform?
1706AED3-6E5F-4711-BC39-01010C79B16B.jpeg

@iyordanov
Installed this trunk sill protector in my 2018 Model S 100D in 2018.
Any thoughts on a version for the 2021+…?
Perhaps a clear matte product like your sill protector. Very happy with it.
Or will that not be flexible enough to conform?
View attachment 763754

I've tried with clear/matte but couldn't get the bubbles out from under these bumps. It's on my todo to try with carbon fiber, might be more successful there, but PPF is definitely a no go. I even tried a model where the bumps are small cutouts so you can squeegee out the water, and that didn't work either :(

I've tried with clear/matte but couldn't get the bubbles out from under these bumps. It's on my todo to try with carbon fiber, might be more successful there, but PPF is definitely a no go. I even tried a model where the bumps are small cutouts so you can squeegee out the water, and that didn't work either :(
Carbon fiber works for me. It held up pretty well on my 100D. What’s quite an effort to get it to conform but eventually it did

Reactions: iyordanov
Carbon fiber works for me. It held up pretty well on my 100D. What’s quite an effort to get it to conform but eventually it did
Will give it another shot in a few weeks...just need to wrap things up with the Model X, as I got the refresh X for a week to do some products for it, and now I have to list them all. Once that's done I am back on my S (PS I was super excited to get the X, but now in retrospect - I like the S better...the X's ride was too boat-like for me).

Will give it another shot in a few weeks...just need to wrap things up with the Model X, as I got the refresh X for a week to do some products for it, and now I have to list them all. Once that's done I am back on my S (PS I was super excited to get the X, but now in retrospect - I like the S better...the X's ride was too boat-like for me).
I have now owned three Model S’s over the last 5 years. Still have two of them. I have driven the model X many many times as loaners. I agree with you the model S is hands-down better at least for me. The X feels a bit top-heavy which it obviously is compared to the S. I do however love the auto opening doors. Always hoped that would someday make it to the model S.
In a weird way it almost seems like the model S has more usable cargo space.
Also doesn’t hurt that the model S is the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen.

I have now owned three Model S’s over the last 5 years. Still have two of them. I have driven the model X many many times as loaners. I agree with you the model S is hands-down better at least for me. The X feels a bit top-heavy which it obviously is compared to the S. I do however love the auto opening doors. Always hoped that would someday make it to the model S.
In a weird way it almost seems like the model S has more usable cargo space.
Also doesn’t hurt that the model S is the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen.
The doors are pretty amazing indeed (and the humongous windshield), but after a few scares with the Model X doors, I now feel pretty good about opening & closing my Model S doors like a peasant. At least I know what to expect 😂

Special thanks to @Greeney for pointing out that the carbon fiber's pattern should follow a meaningful direction between all components so it has a natural flow of pattern (something you don't naturally get when you cut the pieces in the most optimal way to reduce material usage).
Also made alternative for the dash where it consists of 3 pieces instead of 2, will be shipping both for each order from here on.
That turned out a masterpiece! Here are some pictures, with a banana for scale!
Am interested in your trunk letters wrap in midnight silver + 2 black glossy emblems for my 22 MXP, your website selling full sets in 1 color choice. You have no way of contacting you to see if you can help me ..Also will SP Model trunk letters on your website work on MXP? Thanks

Am interested in your trunk letters wrap in midnight silver + 2 black glossy emblems for my 22 MXP, your website selling full sets in 1 color choice. You have no way of contacting you to see if you can help me ..Also will SP Model trunk letters on your website work on MXP? Thanks
There is a chat icon in the lower right hand corner.
Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 9.20.46 PM.png

The MS emblems are actually not compatible with the MX, but I already have the MX ones too as I recently rented the new Model X for a week...I hope to be done publishing all the products today, and will post a link where when done. Contact - you can DM me here or email me at [email protected] 👍 (or the chat icon on the website's bottom right corner)

Reactions: VM0412
The MS emblems are actually not compatible with the MX, but I already have the MX ones too as I recently rented the new Model X for a week...I hope to be done publishing all the products today, and will post a link where when done. Contact - you can DM me here or email me at [email protected] 👍 (or the chat icon on the website's bottom right corner)
Thank you, about emblem update info & for the contact information. The chat link on your website did not allow product infomaton questions other than preloaded questions about prior order # & name? Unless i was doing somthing wrong... In anycase will be checking your updates on your website soon.

Thank you, about emblem update info & for the contact information. The chat link on your website did not allow product infomaton questions other than preloaded questions about prior order # & name? Unless i was doing somthing wrong... In anycase will be checking your updates on your website soon.
You have to select certain topic categories to find a prompt to start a live chat. It’s quite frustrating. I forget which one I selected in order to find it, but if you go down the list you should be able to find one that works.

Edit: nevermind I didn’t read the whole thread. Thought you were talking about how to get live chat on the Tesla website.

• Informative
Reactions: zapparino
You have to select certain topic categories to find a prompt to start a live chat. It’s quite frustrating. I forget which one I selected in order to find it, but if you go down the list you should be able to find one that works.
This is the native Shopify chat, but will consider moving to Intercom chat… but in any case - no need to drill down into products to get to chat, there is a “Message Us” text field right there:
5A173A37-8293-41F6-BE73-D6262F2A6B22.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: zapparino
Not sure if this is the best place to ask this but here goes…Our car didn’t come with screws to mount the front license plate. Is that normal?
Mine didn't have them either...what I did was to take one of the screws from the back license plate, go to Home Depot and try to find a match. I think it's a human error when they don't come with screws, because my wife's M3 (bought just a few months later) came with the screws.

Reactions: PWRUP