Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adding more panels and battery to Tesla PPA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Tesla solar system on a PPA without battery. Since it was installed 5 years ago, my consumption has increased significantly with an EV and electric appliances, so I'd like to add more panels and also a battery.
I discussed this with a local solar installer, and they proposed adding new panels, inverter, and battery, and connecting it with a solar combiner. From my reading of the PPA contract, this is technically not allowed because it would require opening up Tesla's inverter to reconnect the output wires. But the installer says it's no problem, they do this all the time with Tesla PPA owners. Has anyone here done this successfully? Logically, it seems like this modification would have no effect on the performance of Tesla's system, since it doesn't interrupt the connections between the panels and the inverter. But I wonder if their inverter ever failed, if they would use this as reason to not pay for the repair.

By the way, the installer is Go Basic Solar <Basic Energy | Solar Power Installation Company> and they sell Tesla Powerwall amongst other options.