Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

arm rest can't close because of light tube

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla owner

I installed two RGB Interior LED Lights on the center console, they look awesome at night. But I can not close arm rest because of the tube. Has anyone successfully addressed the issue? Prefer not to drill hole. If that's the only option, then where to drill?

Attachments

• 001.png
    001.png
    651.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 2.png
    2.png
    729.8 KB · Views: 104
Hello Tesla owner

I installed two RGB Interior LED Lights on the center console, they look awesome at night. But I can not close arm rest because of the tube. Has anyone successfully addressed the issue? Prefer not to drill hole. If that's the only option, then where to drill?

I have the bassnor ones from Amazon and mine closes like they aren't there. Make sure the sleeve that they go in is pushed all of the way forward to where it can't go any further. Also make sure that the sleeve ends where the center console ends (the sleeve doesn't continue into the center arm rest if that makes sense).

Hi RocDeef,
Thank you for the response. I don't understand "(the sleeve doesn't continue into the center arm rest if that makes sense)". The tube need to go into armrest to connect to the LED light source. The armrest leave no gap to allow tube to go inside. Would you mind share a picture of your tube installation on armrest?
Thank you.