Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BBS UP-01 vs Arachnid or Twin Turbine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - just ordered my Model S 100D!! I'm so excited.. It'll be Blue, Creame, with the 19" Sonic Carbon Slipstream wheels.

I'm looking at purchasing a set of 21" wheels and found the following options:

1. BBS UP-01
2. Arachnid (only available on P100D, or second hand)
3. Twin Turbine

For BBS UP-01, there isn't any weight posted -- does anyone know if this performs well, how much it weighs? It says it was designed with the weight focused on the centre to reduce rotational mass.

Based on my research, I believe the Arachnid wheels are forged and better/lighter than the Twin Turbine ones.

How do you think the BBS wheels stack up against Arachnids? Other alternatives?

Thank you!

Hi - just ordered my Model S 100D!! I'm so excited.. It'll be Blue, Creame, with the 19" Sonic Carbon Slipstream wheels.

I'm looking at purchasing a set of 21" wheels and found the following options:

1. BBS UP-01
2. Arachnid (only available on P100D, or second hand)
3. Twin Turbine

For BBS UP-01, there isn't any weight posted -- does anyone know if this performs well, how much it weighs? It says it was designed with the weight focused on the centre to reduce rotational mass.

Based on my research, I believe the Arachnid wheels are forged and better/lighter than the Twin Turbine ones.

How do you think the BBS wheels stack up against Arachnids? Other alternatives?

Thank you!

BBS rims by far better rims imo ...correct on arachnid they are forged and better wheels than stock turbines ..but given choice btw bbs and arachnid ...would go for BBS all day

I think partially it depends on whether you want to go aftermarket or stay OEM. One advantage of OEM is that Tesla would be more likely to help out if you have any TPMS issues down the road.

TPMS - noob questions:
(1) do I need a second set of TPMS for my 21” wheels for seasonal swaps?
(2) Because Tesla doesn’t sell parts (I think).. how do you buy TPMS sets or replacements?

BBS rims by far better rims imo ...correct on arachnid they are forged and better wheels than stock turbines ..but given choice btw bbs and arachnid ...would go for BBS all day

Thanks for the quick reply on bbs!

Reactions: P85_DA
TPMS - noob questions:
(1) do I need a second set of TPMS for my 21” wheels for seasonal swaps?
(2) Because Tesla doesn’t sell parts (I think).. how do you buy TPMS sets or replacements?
(1) I believe Tesla provides TPMS with the sale of a set of wheels, so most sets of OEM wheels will come with them (unless you buy a set from someone who removed the TPMS to install on aftermarket wheels, hence I recommend if you do go aftermarket to buy TPMS for the new set to make it easier to sell the old set or use as a winter set in the future).
(2) Tesla will sell you parts once you have a VIN number assigned. There are some restricted parts that only body shops can order, but for the most part you should be fine calling the parts department at a service center and asking them for help.

Reactions: bry_bry