Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brake swap... no direct answers found...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have question about a caliper swap and can't seem to find a definite answer... was hoping to maybe hear from someone who has done what I'm trying to do.
I have a 2023 M3 RWD and a friend is selling the front calipers off of his 2022 M3P (really cheap if I get them) and Im wanting to know if its a direct bolt on and bleed, or if I'm going to need other parts like brake lines or rotors or anything like that.

Sorry if this has been covered (I couldn't find it), and thanks for any help,

Jason

Unless things have changed, it’s a direct bolt on but you need the rotors and the dust shields for the front. Brake lines are the same. You can use the tesla parts catalog on line to cross reference the parts and numbers. The rears are more of a challenge because you need to swap the parking brake extension cable plus rotors plus calipers. Interestingly enough on the “older” M3s, you can swap the rear rotor with the P rotor and keep the original calipers. Save some weight. You will need all new brake pads too since they don’t interchange between P and Base. Maybe a spring kit too.

Upvote 0