Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CAN bus no power suppl

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Tesla User

I have recently purchased Model Y RWD in july 2023 Berlin made. I have purchased after market products Head up display 9inch Linux power source CAN bus vlue on the front passenger pillar . I have installed as per instructions it worked fine.

I have purchased rear screen from hanshow Andriod H7 model they suggested me to connect the cable only to CAN since i dont have OBD cable in the back side so i have tried connecting and i was able to connect and it worked fine for few days, all of a sudden my front display Linux 9inch and rear screen both stopped working i have removed the cables and reconnected restarted many times but no luck.

Any suggestions how to fix the issue ?

Note i have tested the rear screen in other tesla it was working fine but no idea what is going wrong ?

Attachments

• IMG_9562.jpeg
    IMG_9562.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_9511.jpeg
    IMG_9511.jpeg
    528.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9559.jpeg
    IMG_9559.jpeg
    492.6 KB · Views: 106
Many thanks for your response. Is there a way to check whether the power supply is functioning or not from the CAN bus ? I mean like scan my tesla connecting OBD link will it show some malfunction ?
The seller advised me before installing to unplug 12 volt battery connection from the frunk + also unplug High Voltage battery to perform the installation , however i have not done that because previously i have done it worked fine , but is it a must and should step ?

Upvote 0
unfortunately i have tried all possible combinations
option 1) replugged only the display screen (9 inch) connected the CAN (blue) passenger pillar + power connection - no result

option 2) replugged extension CAN (blue) to passenger pillar + power connection ,also switched connecting to other while connectors - no result

option 3) i have tried this , do i have to unplug the 12 v battery from the front and try option 1 or option 2 will it works ?

i was wondering whether there is power supply coming or not any suggestions how can i test it safely

Upvote 0