Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ceramic Coating in Portland/Vancouver area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recommendations on the best place to get ceramic coating done? I’ve got a place in Vancouver that I’ve used and been happy with in the past for tinting and PPF but I’m also open to suggestions there too.

I’m hoping to take delivery of my blue P3D in the next few weeks and want to get the PPF and ceramic done ASAP.

Reactions: Vancouver ClearBra
Recommendations on the best place to get ceramic coating done? I’ve got a place in Vancouver that I’ve used and been happy with in the past for tinting and PPF but I’m also open to suggestions there too.

I’m hoping to take delivery of my blue P3D in the next few weeks and want to get the PPF and ceramic done ASAP.

Hi Steve. Please check out my shop ALSET Auto in Portland. We work exclusively on Teslas doing PPF, ceramic, tint and chrome delete. You can read our 30+ 5 star google reviews all from local Tesla owners at www.alsetauto.com/reviews. Weve done work on several Tesla employees cars in just the past few weeks. We can get you scheduled for the week you take delivery. Please feel free to call me anytime to discuss at 503-255-6666.

I think you're doing the right thing in asking for referrals because there are a lot of fly-by-night and Johnny-come-lately guys to the ceramic coating world, especially preying on Tesla owners.

I am the owner/operator of Fresh Start Detail Co. in Beaverton. Detailing and protecting cars has been my career since 1995.
I've corrected more than a couple Tesla paint jobs from less experienced shops sadly.

In addition to asking for referrals here, I suggest checking Google reviews, Angie's List, Nextdoor, Yelp, etc. to get an idea of a company's reputation and longevity in the industry.
Another fantastic way to gauge a detail company is seeing if they're "Certified-Skills Validated" with the International Detailing Association. You can search for Certified Detailers in your area (or around the world for that matter) at www.The-IDA.com. If a shop doesn't have Skills Validated detailers then that pretty much tells you their commitment to our industry.
Lastly, it's always a good idea to personally visit the detail shop just to get an idea of who you're dealing with. It's really easy to fake an online presence, but talk to them face to face and see your comfort level going forward.

I'd love to earn your business, but my first priority is making sure you're using a shop that is trusted within my industry. Flaky shops only hurt all of our reputations as an industry.

Oh, and congrats on the new car!!

Reactions: Matte3
I've been super happy with Elite Window tinting in Milwaukie. They use all Xpel products. I just had them install Xr-Plus on my windows which blocks 98% of IR heat. CRAZY! I also had them do a full body PPF with a top coat of Xpel Fusion which made life so easy to maintain, oh and the shine is AMAZING! I had heard that Xpel has realeased a 10Mil film. Something to think about. I Liked elite because they have great service and their craftsmanship is unbeatable and being in business for 20 years gave me that piece of mind.

Their site is Elitewindowtint.net

How'd the search and installation work out for you... An excellent idea that you will be very happy with.