Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change buy to lease and lease dp amount required?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 3 performance about two weeks ago. Rethinking a purchase and thinking of leasing. Yes, I know the break even costs and other things to consider, as I have leased my last three cars but not sure about committing right now for a couple reasons.

First - will Tesla allow a loan to lease change?
2nd - the calculator defaults to $4500 down and I've seen articles with "required" but with any other lease, you can choose the DP amount, obviously affecting monthly. Does Tesla allow that or you stuck at $4500?

Thanks for your insight.

1. Yes, you can change between loan/lease as many times as necessary. I changed my mind 4 times and between 3 differentiations vehicle configurations before settling on financing a LRAWD. Just call your sales advisor, they'll type something in on their end, they'll tell you to log out of your Tesla account and log back in and you'll see the new terms. You may need to click "apply for Tesla financing/leasing" again, but if they already ran your credit, it will not hit a second time.

2. Yes, you can toggle the down payment amount starting at least $4500. Heres a screenshot of the actual "approved" lease offer from Tesla (this one specifically for a P3D with minimum $4500 down). I initially wanted to lease a P3D before deciding to finance a LRAWD. Those 20" wheels can't handle the potholes of downtown San Francisco. Example 1.jpgExample 2.jpg

Need another set eyes and brain to see if I’m missing something.

Current Numbers:

Tesla 3 Perf: $56,290
Taxes & Fees: $3,880.83

Amount Due: $7510.83
72 months @ 2.49: $787.45

So 787.45 x 72 = $56,696.40 + $7,510.83 (due @ signing) = $64,207.23

is the screenshot correct?

So if I wanted to sell after 2 years, I need to sell at $37798 to break even or after 3 years sell at $28,350?
Regardless of increased inventory or new tech, I can’t see where a 3 year old performance would sell for less $28,350.

Am I missing anything?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.12.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.12.40 PM.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 220