Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging MYLR7S Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! My MYLR7S will not come until early next year but preparing how I would charge it. We will be driving it about 200 miles a week. Few questions:

Will it be safe to unplug dryer and plug the charger weekly (and vice versa)? Reading mix feedback that it might hurt the outlet. I dont want to buy a Splitvolt Splitter if i dont have to. My dryer outlet is a 14-30.

Will charging at the supercharger until it reaches 80% weekly hurt the battery? Mixed feedback again saying it’ll degrade the battery.

Will 12 gauge extension cord for the standard charger 110v work to charge? Again, mixed reviews it might get hot after few hours. There is a standard outlet in the garage but we park our cars on the driveway.

Thank you in advance!

Hi all! My MYLR7S will not come until early next year but preparing how I would charge it. We will be driving it about 200 miles a week. Few questions:

Will it be safe to unplug dryer and plug the charger weekly (and vice versa)? Reading mix feedback that it might hurt the outlet. I dont want to buy a Splitvolt Splitter if i dont have to. My dryer outlet is a 14-30.

Will charging at the supercharger until it reaches 80% weekly hurt the battery? Mixed feedback again saying it’ll degrade the battery.

Will 12 gauge extension cord for the standard charger 110v work to charge? Again, mixed reviews it might get hot after few hours. There is a standard outlet in the garage but we park our cars on the driveway.

Thank you in advance!
Hello. I have the same model and I bought the Gen3 Charger right away, I know is $500 and it hurts BUT….
1. You wont regret it
2. Is home available for You 24/7, you can plug your car every day and have a full battery every morning
3. Beats going to a SuperCharger Station (no waiting in line = quality time w/wife or kids)
4. GET A HOME CHARGER.
We got ours 1st week of April and it has been TOTALLY worth it. It already paid off in the first 2 months of using it compared to what I was spending in Gas for my car.

Reactions: Richh001