Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold air coming from under armrest

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMGF

2018 Model3 AWD+; 2021 ModelS Plaid
Jun 30, 2021
Canada
I noticed today that cold air is coming in the car at highway speed from under the armrest. Anyone has that problem?

Outside temp was -5c, ventilation was set at 20c. Hot air coming from the system but cold outside air is coming in from the under the front of the armrest.

I noticed today that cold air is coming in the car at highway speed from under the armrest. Anyone has that problem?

Outside temp was -5c, ventilation was set at 20c. Hot air coming from the system but cold outside air is coming in from the under the front of the armrest.
Assuming you are talking about Plaid, did you check the rear AC controls? The vents can feel like they are coming from sides of armrest depending on angle. I just noticed that today when my rear AC was blowing much colder air on high. Typically it’s off if no one is in back.

Assuming you are talking about Plaid, did you check the rear AC controls? The vents can feel like they are coming from sides of armrest depending on angle. I just noticed that today when my rear AC was blowing much colder air on high. Typically it’s off if no one is in back.
No rear was off, yes it’s a Plaid. But maybe I should try to turn it on and see if it changes anything.

I've had this in my 2019 model s.... Just a slight chill from near the armrest

Anything can be done or you just lived with it?
Only really noticed it recently. Had the car since July. Its not like its blowing masses of cold air... Its more like it just feels slightly colder down there.
I'm more concerned right now with my intermittent sticking door handle and driver side pillar interior coming loose. Build quality is absolutely garbage on these cars, which is criminal for the price

Reactions: AMGF