Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dead in the driveway - “power reduced”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your response Pianewman. I understand. It is a complex piece of machinery. Always working on my patience for anything in Life. :) Flatbed just got here. He jumped the car to get the frunk open, then was able to the car door open. Went through his procedures and put the car in Tow Mode, but the wheels would not unlock. Called the Tesla service back and they stated that after speaking with the tow truck driver, the car is in "brick" mode, meaning that car will not engage tow mode. The only way my issue can be resolved is at the SC, but now the car has to be dollied, which I am opposed to, but it is my only option. Not sure how the frame/battery is going to like being dollied, but i don't have a choice. Seems like the front drive invertor or front drive unit failed causing the issue, but will have more information to share once we get the car to SC and have them look at it. Tow truck driver said that he just took in another Model Y with the same/similar issue. Hoping Tesla can resolve this going forward for future Y owners. Just hoping this info helps others.