Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving from Saskatoon Saskatchewan to Summerland British Columbia suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m driving a 2021 MYLR from Saskatoon to Summerland May 27th and hoping I don’t have to go waaaay off course to make it there. ABRP is telling me to go through way of Hwy 16 to Edmonton down to Calgary and then west on the #1 till heading south to Summerland. My car is saying go through Swift Current and stay on the #1 till heading south. Has anyone been able to drive on Hwy 7 through Rosetown, Kindersley, Oyen, Hanna and been able to get charged on the way?
Thanks

Personally I’ll follow what the route the Tesla navigation recommend. And I use ABRP for references only.

There is a lot of roads still washed out and being repaired as we speak. I went over to Kelowna 2 weeks ago and there was a few sections of the main road is still being repaired so personally I recommend sticking with what Tesla navigation.

Upvote 0
I’m driving a 2021 MYLR from Saskatoon to Summerland May 27th and hoping I don’t have to go waaaay off course to make it there. ABRP is telling me to go through way of Hwy 16 to Edmonton down to Calgary and then west on the #1 till heading south to Summerland. My car is saying go through Swift Current and stay on the #1 till heading south. Has anyone been able to drive on Hwy 7 through Rosetown, Kindersley, Oyen, Hanna and been able to get charged on the way?
Thanks
Recommend get the CHAdeMO adapter (or if your car will work with it the CCS adapter from Korea.) Lots more stations of this sort in BC.
There is a supercharger in Jasper now, so you can take the best drive in Canada, the icefields parkway, though if you don't have that adapter you must go to Canmore to charge up and retrace a bit.

You can sometimes rent or borrow the adapter. Or buy it from Korea and sell it on eBay for twice what you paid. There is a risk when the CCS comes out the price will crash. Note 2021 MYs sometimes don't have the CCS chip, they ran out for a few months in 2021.

Plus, don't forget to look for hotels with charging to spend the night at all times, and in some cases when you have to cross a supercharger gulf.

Upvote 0
I completed the trip with no issues! Went straight to Swift Current from Saskatoon with 97% charge and made it with 36% left. Averaged around 150-180w/km on the way out to Kelowna. Superchargers is the way to go and they are spaced out almost every 150km so there is no range anxiety. I would feel very confident even if you were driving into a strong head wind. Highway 1 was open all the way with some road work around Golden that didn’t delay me much at all. Road trips with an electric car are so much more fun.

• Informative
Reactions: Earl and outdoors
Upvote 0