Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ecohitch in stock anywhere?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!

Would anyone have any leads on any online stores that have the EcoHitch w/ 2” receiver in stock now for the Y. E-trailer says 9/6/21 availability and manufacturer says several weeks - which sounds like middle to late August. Im hoping to get it within 2 weeks - if possible - otherwise will wait till my order is actually fulfilled in September.
Thanks!

Are you stuck on ecohitch ? Drawtite also has one that’s sold by uhaul and etrailer. It also doesn’t retain the factory crash bar so you can sell that and likely break even on the install / harness

but I’m curious as to what all the differences are between these aside from the retention of the crash bar. Although factory removes crash bar so it must not be all that crucial

Yeah same here. I tried to order eco hitch and was never in stock so I cancelled. It was $600 shipped with harness. I ordered from uhaul and it was $324 w/harness. I’ll sell the crash bar for $200-$300. Nearly free hitch..

not sure really what benefit of crash bar will be since Tesla also removes it to install their pricey $1299 hitch. It’s got the tow eye hole but you don’t need that if it has a hitch anyway. But I bet the bumper cover / sub structure would be less damaged in a rear End collision with rhe crashbar …

in a rear end collision this car is going to insurance anyways so not concerned about that cost, safe to say it would be $$ to fix a serious rear end collision either way

But for me it just boiled down to availability. It’s nice to save some $ and about 30 lbs as well (range) too

let’s compare notes after we both install. What are you doing for harness ?

Last edited: