Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Future Interior colors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard any noise about Tesla offering different interior colors from the black or white they currently have? I know a lot of people say that the white is fine but the way I use my cars I don't wear dress slacks or the like. I just can't deal with the ultra white color. I live in southern Cal so black is out of the question. Have been looking at getting a model 3 performance but cannot do those 2 choices and cannot justify shelling out the bucks and not be able to get a more neutral looking interior color.
Anything??

There is no reason "black is out of the question" because you live in southern california. I have never found cars with non black interiors to be significantly different temperature wise than my vehicles with black interiors, and I not only live in southern california, but inland where its hotter than the coastal areas.

If the concern is actually temperature rather than "i dont like black interiors" then you have nothing to worry about.

I havent heard of anything other than black or white on the model 3, but tesla tends to not signal that type of thing. Tesla has been doing as much as they can to minimize choice on their cars, not expand it, so I wouldnt expect it. You will likely need to take black or white for the interior, or pay an upholstery place to do something else for you custom.

Fitted seat covers then?

Not black or white!
I've had black seats. I've had tan seats. Tan was substantially better. Had to do the fitted seat covers on the black ones. That's what I'll do if I have to but I'n just not sure why the choices have to be that extreme for a $60,000 car. Could have been more moderate like dark gray and light tan. Would look richer and be more practical. Just sayin'

I've had black seats. I've had tan seats. Tan was substantially better. Had to do the fitted seat covers on the black ones. That's what I'll do if I have to but I'n just not sure why the choices have to be that extreme for a $60,000 car. Could have been more moderate like dark gray and light tan. Would look richer and be more practical. Just sayin'

Simple. Less options = less manufacturing costs, for a company that, at the launch of the model 3, was "weeks away" from going bankrupt.

Aftermarket only for more interior and exterior colors. Tesla will not offer anything beyond whats out there now and perhaps the new extra or swap-in exterior color seen on Ss/Xs/Ys.

As a automotive manufacturer, they are still to small to even do a proper exterior facelift (see S/X Plaids). The focus has been on motors, battery chemistry/tech, AI/autonomy, creature comforts and manufacturing streamline.