Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello from the Great White North

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I am a new Model 3 LR Dual Motor FSD owner in Canada. I just took delivery of my new Model 3 in mid-June and loving the way the car drives and handles. In the past I have owned and driven a Honda Prelude, Saab 900S, Audi A6, Subaru Forester, Acura MDX and Ford Fusion. And now a Tesla Model 3. I can say without a doubt this is by far my favourite car.

I only know of one Tesla owner (Model S) and he lives on my street so I used his referral code to get free supercharger charging. This is one very cool car. Love the minimalist design of the dash. Love how responsive the car is to the touch of my foot on the pedal and road feel of the steering wheel. This is truly single pedal driving at its finest. I rarely touch the brake pedal unless I need to come to a complete stop, which I would only be going about 5-8 km/h before needing to engage the brakes. Very smooth and very quiet. Just amazed at the technology of this car.

I'm hoping winter driving in Canada will not be a problem for my Model 3 and will get me and my family safely around when the snow and ice starts later in the year. Where I am located I will see temps down into the -20 to -30 Celsius (-4 F to -22 F) with wind chills to -40 Celsius (also -40 F). I'm expecting the LR and Dual Motor will be more than sufficient to keep me moving along in the wintery weather conditions when it comes. Can't wait!!

Welcome and congrats !!! Those are some cold temps !! As you probably know heater takes a lot of energy ..hopefully you have a good home charging setup and can prewarm the car while plugged in ;)

Welcome and congrats !!! Those are some cold temps !! As you probably know heater takes a lot of energy ..hopefully you have a good home charging setup and can prewarm the car while plugged in ;)

Thank you for the warm welcome. Fortunately I do park in my attached garage that is about 15 C warmer than the outside air over the winter. My electrician will be available within the next couple of weeks to install a Nema 14-50 plug next to my Model 3 so I'll be using that to charge. I believe that should be fine with the mobile charger for most charges. I have a short distance of 40km round trip from home to office and back. However, weekends will see more use driving my family all over the place. I may take the mobile charger to work and plug it into a 110V outlet but not sure how weather proof the mobile charger is in cold temps and snow.

Reactions: P85_DA
The 110 probably won’t be enough to keep up with the Canada cold ..I still remember when I worked in Winnipeg and they had plug ins for engine blanket warmers ;)

Congratulations from Victoria! Eighteen months with a Model S and I am very happy. For me it’s the Cleanest, fastest, most durable, least expensive to operate vehicle that I’ve owned!
Thank you. I would love to drive out to Victoria. I've already checked the plotted route to Vancouver from Calgary and there are two 30 minute stops for supercharging. I haven't checked but I'm guessing there are superchargers in Vancouver island.