Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello Tesla World

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have owned a long range, dual motor T3 (catchy isn't it) with full drive capability (when will it be available?), since 15 Nov and a happy owner with around 12K miles so far.

Gone through 11 SW updates (give or take one or two), and generally have wow'd folks who have never ridden/driven one previously. One of my friends claims got a neck whiplash (or at least he pretends to have gotten one) when I put on the sports mode and did a hard 0-70, now he wants to buy one in Scotland when he returns home next week. Not sure if he will get free charging there.

During the last 8 months I have had one minor issue (driving home after picking up the car the tire punctured and I had to shell out around $350 for a new tire) and one major problem, where when an auto lane change was initiated (manually by directional signal, or with Nav with Autopilot) the car would start to move and after half move it would jump back hard into the first lane. It was random and got worse with time so that every other lane change it would jump back and and sometimes try again couple times and other time it would just keep running in the same lane with the indicator running. It was so distracting (and quite dangerous if there was an aggressively driven car behind you bearing down on you to move over) that I stopped using Autopilot (which was a drag on long drives).

Initially the service people said it was dirt or snow left on the camera and to clean it every time. I had a dash cam installed to record the events, as at the time Tesla dash cam wasn't accessible. Sent them all the videos, logs and times showing no traffic on highway etc etc. They looked at each instance and after a few more tries where they kept saying they are looking into it, then one day I saw a firmware update available sign and after it was downloaded, I have not seen the issue. It took them over 6 weeks to isolate and fix the issue. Kudos to the Tesla Engineer who spotted the cause through the logs and videos etc. All this time, I was in contact with the service folks by email. Being a curious engineer, I asked them what was it that caused, but they never answered the question. Would still like to know, but the car is fine now.

Anyway, great car to drive.