Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much is my car worth ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello, I’m wondering how much I can fetch for my S. I Just had another baby and daycare is expensive. Unfortunately I’m considering selling my S. Saddest day of my life. Details are below.

2016 June MS 70
Facelift
Upgradable to 75
Solid Black on Black textile seats
Premium upgrade
Air suspension
AP 1 Activated
21 Grey Wheels
All glass panoramic roof
Black headliner
Dark Ash wood decor
26k miles

The car is always garaged, in excellent condition inside out. No accidents .

Thanks in advance

Sounds like a nice car.

Many take their Tesla's to a local Carmax and get their offer. Free and painless.

They honor that price for a month after that (sometimes more) which gives you time to shop it around if you want even more.

It is a wholesale price, as they will sell it for more, but gives you a starting point.

Here is a similar car, but a year older and with dual motors. Asking $52,000 on this forum. Posted just a minute ago.

Car is well maintained with new tires.
Options include Subzero Weather Package, All Glass Panoramic Roof, Dual Motor All Wheel Drive, Solid black Paint, 19" Wheels, Black Textile Seats, Piano Black Décor, Alcantara Headliner, Supercharger Enabled, Autopilot Hardware.
I took delivery on 10/31/15. Looking to sell because I'm buying a new Model S. I can send pictures, I just have not taken them yet.

Here is some data from NADA guide based on your options listed....

upload_2018-2-7_9-12-44.png

2016 June MS 70
Facelift
Upgradable to 75

I’d highly consider doing the upgrade which gets the “uncorking” and marketing the car as a 75 to get the most out of it. As it sits probably $52-54k. As a 75 probably $2-3k more and possibly faster sale (less people will compare it to the pre facelift physical battery 70’s).

When I asked CarMax they said the higher end or unique cars like Tesla, Viper, Lambo, etc first get offered to internal CarMax employees and if they don’t get picked up they are sent to auction.
So Carmax auctions them which means they are most likely bought by a dealer, who then finally sells it to the general public? So before a person can buy it, there have been three transactions (Carmax, auction house, dealer), all with those middlemen tacking on a surcharge/profit?

So Carmax auctions them which means they are most likely bought by a dealer, who then finally sells it to the general public? So before a person can buy it, there have been three transactions (Carmax, auction house, dealer), all with those middlemen tacking on a surcharge/profit?

Absolutely, but that’s the wholesale game anyway. Auctioned cars come with uncertainty and risk.

When I went to trade in a Honda Accord at CarMax they offered $5k. Then a wholesaler across the street showed me Mannheim average pricing for the car at $5,900 and offered me $5,400 so he could make a small profit. Finally a local used car lot that buys from auctions showed the same $5,900 and bought it from me for $6k bc he wouldn’t have to pay auction fees, transport, and had an opportunity to inspect and sold it for $7k.