Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Important measurements to take when looking for studded spacers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have personally encountered this issue with a few wheel brands and have seen others run into this issue as well. Please scroll to the bottom of this page to see what measurements need to be taken to ensure that your wheels are compatible with spacers.

Let me know if this doesn't make sense to you. If it doesn't then I'll make a video out of it and post that up somehow.

All credit goes to Aspira for documenting this information. It's at the bottom of this page but I've summarized it below.

Some info to note.

Performance model 3 with oem "2 piece" rotors/red calipers have a 32mm stud protrusion from the rotor hat.
Non Performance 3's with oem rotors/silver calipers have a 27mm stud protrusion from the rotor hat.

2 situations where you will have clearance issues.
1. Pocket depth of the wheel.
Let's say you have a P3D with 32mm of stud. If you want a 15mm spacer then the math is below:
32 - 15 = 17mm of stud sticking out past the spacer. This protrusion past the spacer must be absorbed into the wheel you want to install. Ergo it must have at least a 17mm pocket but I'd say 18mm for the purpose of heat and expansion.
1647479162364.png

2. Mating pad diameter is larger than the PCD of the boltpattern. The I.D. of our boltpattern between the closest points of the studs is around 93mm as seen below. If the mating surface of your wheel has an OD larger than this then the OEM studs will hit the back of the mating surface regardless of the pocket depth. Please see the pics below.
1647479268606.png

1647479278412.png