Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there an official list of Powerwall resellers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

I'm in Northern California and Tesla has exhausted it's rebates for batteries, however they claim resellers may still have availability. Does anyone know if there is an official list of powerwall authorized re-sellers? The rebate would be around $3000 a unit, so seems like a huge incentive to go with a 3rd party versus Tesla.

If you want to see who is installing and getting SGIP rebates, the best place to look is the SGIP site. Look at the page linked below under Statewide Developer Cap and select Small Residential Storage from the Budget Category pulldown box. That will show you who got how much aggregate rebates in each statewide Step in the program. Not all of them are Tesla installers, but a quick phone call to the company should answer that question.

https://www.selfgenca.com/home/program_metrics/

Try to get a realistic timeline for 3P installers to secure install & eligibility for the 30% Fed tax credit within 2019.

Get a quote from vendors and Tesla. 3P vendors will significantly eat into the SGIP rebate. YMMV.

Thanks for the tips, that is really helpful.

If I'm reading the site properly, it appears that all of the small residential budget has already been exhausted for PG&E. So looks like I may be completely out of luck :(. They only opened up Tier 5 on July 1st, and already it is waitlisted.

With that said, there is a lot of "residential >10KW" available still. Given the powerwalls are rated for 13KHW, I wonder why they fall under small versus >10KW? I tried to find a reason for this, but was unsuccessful.

Thanks for the tips, that is really helpful.

If I'm reading the site properly, it appears that all of the small residential budget has already been exhausted for PG&E. So looks like I may be completely out of luck :(. They only opened up Tier 5 on July 1st, and already it is waitlisted.

With that said, there is a lot of "residential >10KW" available still. Given the powerwalls are rated for 13KHW, I wonder why they fall under small versus >10KW? I tried to find a reason for this, but was unsuccessful.
That's 10 kW, not 10 kWh. They're talking about the amount of power they can put out, not their storage capacity. In theory if you have more than two Powerwalls, you could qualify as residential > 10 kW.