Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty obvious Tesla is currently producing SR+ right now. No domestic AR/AWD or Performance VINs the past week or two.

I’m guessing they are loading up on LR battery inventory. Makes sense. Nothing slows down a production line like a part shortage. They gotta make sure they have enough before they start production.

So, guesses when we see the first domestic LR/AWD VIN assignment for this quarter?

Pretty obvious Tesla is currently producing SR+ right now. No domestic AR/AWD or Performance VINs the past week or two.

I’m guessing they are loading up on LR battery inventory. Makes sense. Nothing slows down a production line like a part shortage. They gotta make sure they have enough before they start production.

So, guesses when we see the first domestic LR/AWD VIN assignment for this quarter?

I ordered my LR/AWD on 10/30, just got an email today estimating a 12/1 build date.

Any guesses on how long it will take to get to South Florida after that, assuming they hold to 12/1?

Well, that didn't take long. :D

In another thread, someone in Seattle said the local showroom was expecting 26 Model 3s tomorrow, mostly LR/AWDs, with more on the way throughout the week.

You folks in WA, time to check your emails and account page source for VINs!

Reactions: OverEZPZ
I asked my sales person and she told me they could hold it for a few days, but that's it. I'm gone almost all of December. 3 weeks work, then flying to meet my wife's family in PA.

Might be able to cut the work trip short, but I'm on another continent for first two weeks so that's not happening.

As for my brother, I trust him. I just don't want to put that pressure on him.
What’s the order? Transfer?

I ordered my LR/AWD on 10/30, just got an email today estimating a 12/1 build date.

Any guesses on how long it will take to get to South Florida after that, assuming they hold to 12/1?
Well, I ordered my LR AWD in California on 10/11 - no noise yet from Tesla. Hell will freeze over before they actually deliver cars in the bay area. I should have ordered a Model S, and possibly Tesla would want the extra money and delivered it by now.

Well, that didn't take long. :D
In another thread, someone in Seattle said the local showroom was expecting 26 Model 3s tomorrow, mostly LR/AWDs, with more on the way throughout the week.

You folks in WA, time to check your emails and account page source for VINs!

Yes, but not those of us in California. Like I've said before ... it will be on X-mas with Elon Musk dressed in a Santa suit throwing keys to people - the media filming all of it.

I'd love for someone to show me that I will be wrong.

Just heard from my SA who did some digging, he wrote that my M3 is scheduled to be delivered during the week of the 15th of Dec.

Delivery Center: Costa Mesa
Ordered 10/15 AWD LR, MSM, black, 19", no FSD

That's good to hear. In similar situation as the rest of us. Ordered LR on 10/13 in San Diego. Thanks for the update!!

"So you're telling me there's a chance!!" -Lloyd