Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our friend in NY is getting his car now. So excited for him. He had a wait from what it sounds like from his text, had an early afternoon appointment, and they just brought his car up for him a little while ago. Wondered if they were backlogged on detailing but didn't want to text him back asking too many questions as I know he'll be busy looking it over for a bit ;). He said they did an orientation for people there btw while he was waiting.

Anyone done a existing inventory order and what has the timeline been on it?
I did my order on 12/17 and the vin in the source has changed from what it was when I did the order. When I call and ask (even a week after the order) they still say it’s in pre production and will be in before EOY.

I ordered a White AWD LR, White Interior, 18" wheels, no FSD on 10/28 and finally got a VIN and delivery date for 12/27 at Costa Mesa. I still need to contact Tesla to get a MVPA so I can get a check from my bank. Longest 2 months ever :) Checked the Tesla website and almost every thread here multiple times a day.

Reactions: appleplease
I ordered a White AWD LR, White Interior, 18" wheels, no FSD on 10/28 and finally got a VIN and delivery date for 12/27 at Costa Mesa. I still need to contact Tesla to get a MVPA so I can get a check from my bank. Longest 2 months ever :) Checked the Tesla website and almost every thread here multiple times a day.
My DA said that the MVPAs automatically populate when the vin is assigned. Does your screen ask for you to make the final payment yet?

Anyone done a existing inventory order and what has the timeline been on it?
I did my order on 12/17 and the vin in the source has changed from what it was when I did the order. When I call and ask (even a week after the order) they still say it’s in pre production and will be in before EOY.
They can produce 1000 cars per day. They’re focused on CA right now so You should be fine ask long as your flexible with delivery day and time.

Ordered 11/18 - Red w/ Black Interior LR AWD 19" wheel No FSD
VIN in source code 12/21
VIN on page 12/24
Text for delivery 12/24
Delivery appt @ 2pm 12/31 Burbank

The text states they are building the car 12/29 and I should have it the 31st. No option for scheduling delivery, they are picking one. Fine with me, lets just do this.

Hey guys, new here so I thought I'd add to the data after much lurking. I ordered mine on 12/6, LR Dual Motor. Built on 12/19. Delivered on 12/23. 2 weeks and 3 days. I didn't get any calls or updates or anything until I called them just shy of two weeks after the order. They gave me the VIN over the phone at that time. Then no updates again until I randomly decided to call on 12/21. They then told me the car was sitting at the delivery center. I flew out to Salt Lake City two days later and picked it up. On a side note, there were a bunch of Californians that flew in to pick up at Salt Lake City. The delivery center said it's because deliveries prior to the end of the year are no longer possible in California. Not sure how that all works..

Happy Holidays everyone. New owner here. Ordered 12/5 M3LR White/ Black interior Aero wheels. Just received notice while checking the website, delivery appt on 12/29 6pm Marina Del Rey. No email or text notice yet. Too bad I didn’t get it before Christmas but at least I’ll get it before the New Year.