Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Stealth: Origins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a stealth - and originally ordered a LR AWD. I always wanted a performance, but I did not want the 20" wheels - hence the LR AWD. So when the stealth came available I really wanted it.

I think the big questions to ask are:

1.) Why does Tesla still drop a few stealths into inventory? They wouldn't keep on doing this if it was a mistake.

2.) Why doesn't Tesla make ALL LR AWD cars stealth and just raise the price $2K (could probably be $1K if all the cars were stealth)?
This would really attract lots of buyers to Tesla and it would supposedly not hurt Tesla's bottom line. I don't think $1K would make LR AWD buyers run away.

Most people when buying Teslas do not even know that stealths exist. Look at how many people here jumped on them. Will it cannibalize P3D+ sales? Doubt it as either you want the 20" wheels or you don't.

I have a stealth - and originally ordered a LR AWD. I always wanted a performance, but I did not want the 20" wheels - hence the LR AWD. So when the stealth came available I really wanted it.

I think the big questions to ask are:

1.) Why does Tesla still drop a few stealths into inventory? They wouldn't keep on doing this if it was a mistake.

2.) Why doesn't Tesla make ALL LR AWD cars stealth and just raise the price $2K (could probably be $1K if all the cars were stealth)?
This would really attract lots of buyers to Tesla and it would supposedly not hurt Tesla's bottom line. I don't think $1K would make LR AWD buyers run away.

Most people when buying Teslas do not even know that stealths exist. Look at how many people here jumped on them. Will it cannibalize P3D+ sales? Doubt it as either you want the 20" wheels or you don't.

The key things they need to add to the M3P+ are adaptive suspension and sport front seats. They would get a lot more takers if they added those two.

Other things that would help.

- A HUD with Track Apps (makes sense for the Performance model with Track Mode)
- A more aggressive front facia and rear diffuser to differentiate the P models.
- 19" wheel/tire package with wider rubber P265-275 width all around would offer a more aggressive stance
- Drive Modes (Comfort/Sport/Track) that change the throttle response, suspension tuning, etc.

The key things they need to add to the M3P+ are adaptive suspension and sport front seats. They would get a lot more takers if they added those two.

Other things that would help.

- A HUD with Track Apps (makes sense for the Performance model with Track Mode)
- A more aggressive front facia and rear diffuser to differentiate the P models.
- 19" wheel/tire package with wider rubber P265-275 width all around would offer a more aggressive stance
- Drive Modes (Comfort/Sport/Track) that change the throttle response, suspension tuning, etc.

Interesting suggestions. It would help to know why Tesla makes the stealth in the first place. Tesla doesn’t say much.

Interesting suggestions. It would help to know why Tesla makes the stealth in the first place. Tesla doesn’t say much.

The reality is that very few buyers will ever track the car so if they advertised the Stealth online then they would not sell many 3P+ models and I am sure they like the extra profit margin of the P+. The Stealth is really for that buyer that craves the extra acceleration without all the extra goodies or is looking for a trim to build off of. The Stealth is great if the owner wants to add their own suspension, brakes, wheels, etc.

The problem is Tesla does very little to differentiate the trims. I am sure this will improve over time as they can get more specific in their manufacturing but for now they just need to keep things simple so they can crank them out as fast as possible to meet demand.

I factory ordered my last Corvette and that is a lot of fun. You get to pick from so many options to customize the car exactly how you want it.

You need to order option "Museum Delivery" and then you can watch your car come off the assy line.

There was an option to build your own engine for some variants. I think it was the Z06/ZR1. A technician helps you assemble your high performance engine for your car at Wixom

Last edited:
You need to order option "Museum Delivery" and then you can watch your car come off the assy line.

There was an option to build your own engine for some variants. I think it was the ZR1. A technician helps you assemble your high performance engine for your car at Bowling Green.

Yeah, the engine build would be awesome. I considered museum delivery when I ordered my GrandSport Convertible but it was not available at the time since the plant was in "top secret" mode as the C8 mid-engine model was being worked on.