Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte PPF (Paint Protection Film)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am currently getting my car wrapped in Matte PPF and I have never done this before.

Is there anything I should expect in the long term and tips I can do to maintain it?

I am already thinking about a possibility of water spots so I am planning to get it ceramic coated that is meant for matte film. I am curious how hard it will be to maintain this.
1000015833.jpg

I am currently getting my car wrapped in Matte PPF and I have never done this before.

Is there anything I should expect in the long term and tips I can do to maintain it?

I am already thinking about a possibility of water spots so I am planning to get it ceramic coated that is meant for matte film. I am curious how hard it will be to maintain this.

I have had Xpel PPF for the past 5 1/2 years and it has held up really well. I think the key is to wash it every 1-2 weeks.

If you get it ceramic coated, it should be very easy to maintain. Just follow the instructions on how to take care of the Matte PPF from the manufacturer. You can also ask the PPF installer on how to take care of it.

If you are getting Xpel Stealth Matte PPF, these are the care instructions from the Xpel website:

STEALTH ™ Paint Protection Film​

To Keep Your Film Looking Great, Follow A Few Simple Guidelines:​

• Wait 48 hours after installation to wash your car.
  • Remove insect or other stains as soon as possible with XPEL Film Cleaner.
  • Stubborn stains can be removed with 99% isopropyl alcohol or lacquer thinner. Take care to keep these chemicals off the vehicle’s paint.
  • Seal with XPEL Ceramic Boost at least once every 6 months to preserve and maintain satin finish.
  • Light scratches in the film will self-heal in 20-30 minutes at room temperature. In colder conditions, or to accelerate the process, pour warm water (120°F) over the affected area.
  • Avoid using a pressure washer or high-pressure water source near the edges of the film, it can cause the film to lift and/or become damaged.

Reactions: anonimuz
I have had Xpel PPF for the past 5 1/2 years and it has held up really well. I think the key is to wash it every 1-2 weeks.

If you get it ceramic coated, it should be very easy to maintain. Just follow the instructions on how to take care of the Matte PPF from the manufacturer. You can also ask the PPF installer on how to take care of it.

If you are getting Xpel Stealth Matte PPF, these are the care instructions from the Xpel website:

STEALTH ™ Paint Protection Film​

To Keep Your Film Looking Great, Follow A Few Simple Guidelines:​

• Wait 48 hours after installation to wash your car.
  • Remove insect or other stains as soon as possible with XPEL Film Cleaner.
  • Stubborn stains can be removed with 99% isopropyl alcohol or lacquer thinner. Take care to keep these chemicals off the vehicle’s paint.
  • Seal with XPEL Ceramic Boost at least once every 6 months to preserve and maintain satin finish.
  • Light scratches in the film will self-heal in 20-30 minutes at room temperature. In colder conditions, or to accelerate the process, pour warm water (120°F) over the affected area.
  • Avoid using a pressure washer or high-pressure water source near the edges of the film, it can cause the film to lift and/or become damaged.
Thank you.