Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 19” OEM wheels - need quick color suggestion

Better color with the white model 3

• Grey

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Black

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting the 19” OEM wheels powder coated. The shop can do both, the OEM grey that is standard with the performance wheels or do a matte black that comes with the model x. Torn between the two, leaning more towards the matte black. Wanted to see what you guys think as I haven’t see many in the wild with that color.

Examples below:
CF505EE4-D6D1-46A8-9EB1-6DD742E34F01.jpeg
A648BD54-8053-43E8-9C29-C4F024844B2D.jpeg

How about color-coded white
(ceramic coat them after and they will stay clean) or pull a Taycan? Be bold, try something different then the flood of pure dark wheel cars.
View attachment 600096
I’d totally try something like that but I’m planning on trading the 3 for the cybertruck when that’s released. Don’t want to spend too much extra on the color, I imagine they will charge more for that.

Needed to replace tires on the 18”s and they were scratched up so I got a decent deal on the 19”s

• Informative
Reactions: Amonsalve
That looks really good too. Would you say you could like the darker black too or would only go with the grey if you had to do it again?

For me, gray is the only way to go. I did the dark gray chrome delete and the gray wheels and love it.

My old white car has black wheels(now my wife's car).

But black wheels and or trim would look good on any color model 3. Especially white.

Reactions: EVGhost3
For me, gray is the only way to go. I did the dark gray chrome delete and the gray wheels and love it.

My old white car has black wheels(now my wife's car).

But black wheels and or trim would look good on any color model 3. Especially white.

are those rims powder coated? if so, what is the technical name of the color? i'm looking to replicate the gray OEM performance color.

Depends on what color your car is.... but I'm going to guess that it's white since that's what you used as examples.

IMO, the gunmetal gray wheels look clean & classy on a white car. Black wheels on a white car is just too bold of a contrast, but some people like that.

Depends on what color your car is.... but I'm going to guess that it's white since that's what you used as examples.

IMO, the gunmetal gray wheels look clean & classy on a white car. Black wheels on a white car is just too bold of a contrast, but some people like that.
my car is blue. i'm getting the 19' 'silver' wheels from a 21' model 3. so i want to powder coat them to make them look like the standard aero wheels (gun metal grey sorta). thanks!