Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Model 3 long range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m looking around 44k I don’t want to pay the price of a new one for a used one and someone got the tax credit or at least some of it that don’t make sense to me.
I'd be really surprised if you were able to find one at $44k this soon, unless it is one with just a ton of miles on it already.
I say this because the thin used market right now would be limited to the LR RWD builds, which were $50k black/Aeros/noEAP pre-tax when new. So after sales tax and federal credit, that's a net cash cost when new of $46k. If you can find an owner of a black/noEAP/Aero/LR/RWD who is also willing to sell already. Any other build is going to be more costly than the $46k mentioned (with the exception of the MR/RWDs now rolling out, but it's pretty certainly too soon to be seeing a used market for those yet.

So since cheapest when new was $46k, if you can find that unicorn scenario a seller may be really happy with your $44k offer depending on mileage/wear. Otherwise, I suspect you'll be well into 2019 before $44k is in-range.

• Helpful
Reactions: 2012MS85