Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Rear License Plate Mounting Plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today on the southbound 5 Fwy in CA I saw several car carriers loaded with Teslas from the Fremont Factory. I noticed on the rear of the Model 3’s, a new license plate mounting plate of some sort. They were black probably plastic.

Anyone take delivery with one of these mounting plates? If so, please share your thoughts....necessary or not? Etc.

Mine just came with the chrome Model 3 frame but no mounting plate.

So sorry, could not get any pictures!

Thanks!

Today on the southbound 5 Fwy in CA I saw several car carriers loaded with Teslas from the Fremont Factory.
I noticed on the rear of the Model 3’s, a new license plate mounting plate of some sort.
They were black probably plastic.
Anyone take delivery with one of these mounting plates?
If so, please share your thoughts....necessary or not? Etc.
Mine just came with the chrome Model 3 frame but no mounting plate.
So sorry, could not get any pictures!
Thanks!
May be there were going to be shipped to Europe?

Tesla Model 3 sighting in Germany .jpg

tesla-model-3-netherlands-europe.jpg

That's an interesting thought.
But the ‘plates’ I saw were slightly smaller than a domestic US plate and not the European elongated shape.

Somebody mentioned a new CA 2019 regulation that eliminates the inside windshield temp reg paper in lieu of a temp plate in the location of the rear license plate. I’ve seen these in some states outside of CA. Maybe this plastic looking plate is to accommodate the new regulation?

Reactions: NeverFollow