Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Store Display Mode.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this on Reddit. Try it out and let us know. I still don't have my car to test with :)

"I displayed my Model S in a local green energy fair. I figured out that if you hold the "T" for 5 seconds, you're prompted to enter a code. If you enter "showroom", it enters the vehicle into "showroom mode" and disables driving. However, it does not hide any personal information, so for my local fair, I put my Model S into "valet" mode, turned off "walk-away door lock", and kept the key fob outside the vehicle. This way, personal information was hidden, but people can still play around with the touchscreen."

Found this on Reddit. Try it out and let us know. I still don't have my car to test with :)

"I displayed my Model S in a local green energy fair. I figured out that if you hold the "T" for 5 seconds, you're prompted to enter a code. If you enter "showroom", it enters the vehicle into "showroom mode" and disables driving. However, it does not hide any personal information, so for my local fair, I put my Model S into "valet" mode, turned off "walk-away door lock", and kept the key fob outside the vehicle. This way, personal information was hidden, but people can still play around with the touchscreen."
aahhhaaa…..

Unfortunately the same reddit post shows that "showroom" does not work on the Model 3.

How to enter your Tesla into "showroom mode" : teslamotors

Last edited: