Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - The Car Made for California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been driving my red beauty for a week. I literally refused to ride in or drive a Tesla before I got mine as I didn't want to feel terrible going back to my old car. My previous car was a 2005 Honda Civic I bought before grad school. Manual locks & windows :).

This car is unbelievable. The acceleration is breathtaking, going from 20 to 50/60 in a blink. First night with the car, I was rounding a turn to merge with a lane, car coming close, I simply pressed on the pedal and zoomed in front of the car (up past 50 mph on a surface street) and then gently let off pedal to drop back to 45. All happening so quickly and seamlessly. Which is good because the car turned out to be a cop! Luckily I didn't stay at 50, lol.

I've taken the car up a few rides up and down in the Santa Cruz mountains. It made me realize this car is built for California, especially the mountains. The instant torque to handle the high grades, pass cyclists with little worry of cars coming around the turn. The maneuverability to handle all the tight turns, at, uh, speed. The regen to make downhills relaxing and fun, not having to ride my brakes. The glass roof to see the mountains, trees, and sky.

This...is...the...car!

Reactions: TT97 and SD_Engnr