Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X - Baby Mirror - How?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Emma C

Sep 2, 2021
UK
Hi all, has anyone managed to successfully install a baby mirror on the headrest in a Model X? I have a 7 month old baby in a rear facing seat who I need to be able to see easily.

I cannot figure out which one is going to be possible from Amazon or elsewhere!

Advice much appreciated!

Thanks

I don't know the model or have the mirror anymore, but we did in our 2017 100D 7 seat with bench 2nd row. The mirror we had was fairly large with a square pad designed to sit on the front of a headrest and straps to wrap around the headrest vertically and horizontally. The straps had clips like those found in grocery cart seatbelts for both directions. I was able to wrap it horizontally with the top vertical strap wrapped by the horizontal strap, using its clip to somewhat stabilize it.

Reactions: croman
I’ve tried a couple things-

first, I modified an Amazon headrest mirror by screwing a suction cup RAM mount and some joints to be able to mount and suspend from the top Falcon Wing Door glass. It worked pretty good, but recently decided to try something else…

again with a RAM mount and some creative mountings, I attached the Eufy baby camera that has pan-tilt-zoom capability to the trunk glass and with a long micro usb cable to the power port in the back seat for vehicle on power, it transmits wirelessly to its own handheld receiver in the front seat.

61215E9F-F786-46BA-831F-4E7B6CB8B51C.jpeg

first, I modified an Amazon headrest mirror by screwing a suction cup RAM mount and some joints to be able to mount and suspend from the top Falcon Wing Door glass. It worked pretty good, but recently decided to try something else…

again with a RAM mount and some creative mountings, I attached the Eufy baby camera that has pan-tilt-zoom capability to the trunk glass and with a long micro usb cable to the power port in the back seat for vehicle on power, it transmits wirelessly to its own handheld receiver in the front seat.

View attachment 712762

Hi! Great solution you've come up with. Can you help me out with which RAM mount and "creative mountings" you used? I want to duplicate this. Thank you!!

View attachment 712762

View attachment 712762
Would love to know which mounts you used for the Eufy...

Reactions: 127.0.0.0