Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid Reservation | VIN Assigned!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Selling a Model X Plaid reservation with the following specs:
  • White Exterior
  • Black Interior
  • 22” Turbine Wheels
Reservation MSRP is $6,500 LESS than Tesla's current MSRP! This means the car is $6,500 cheaper than buying a new one now.

VIN has been assigned!

Just drove one yesterday and the Plaid X is a BEAST!

Los Angeles area.

How much do you want do the reservation?
He told me 20k. I don’t understand why people keep posting these reservations and saying that it is $xxxxx less than current price when they want to charge a surcharge which brings the cars price over the current msrp. Go ahead and buy it and sell the car but be careful because if tesla flags you as a reseller they will cancwl all your other reservations and you won’t be able to buy any other Tesla’s.

He told me 20k. I don’t understand why people keep posting these reservations and saying that it is $xxxxx less than current price when they want to charge a surcharge which brings the cars price over the current msrp. Go ahead and buy it and sell the car but be careful because if tesla flags you as a reseller they will cancwl all your other reservations and you won’t be able to buy any other Tesla’s.
He had a handful of reservations and started listing them for $1000. A bidding war started with one and I think he sold it for 5-6K.

As I would love one myself (I am waiting on my own reservation) it is supply on demand. People are selling G wagons for a 100K over, if he can get 20K over more to him.

However, I wouldn’t risk paying 20K over for a reservation that can be pulled by Tesla if flagged as a reseller. It’s a big no no by corporate. Unless he offers some sort of escrow until the car is clear and yours, this is risky.

Reservations like this have been selling since the model S came out. Tesla just wants the car to be delivered. Their goal is to deliver 99.9% of cars that are ordered. They don’t care who takes delivery as long as the car is delivered. People control the market, as long as the supply shortage continues people with money will pay a mark-up. Like you stated, all G-63 trims are going for a huge mark-up.

Reactions: zonami
Reservations like this have been selling since the model S came out. Tesla just wants the car to be delivered. Their goal is to deliver 99.9% of cars that are ordered. They don’t care who takes delivery as long as the car is delivered. People control the market, as long as the supply shortage continues people with money will pay a mark-up. Like you stated, all G-63 trims are going for a huge mark-up.
That might’ve been true before. I came to purchase a reservation last week and the seller was flagged as a potential reseller. The SA was super nice, gave me the heads up. Sucked as I had sealed the deal for the order fee. The seller had tried to sell it to various other people but didn’t work out as their credit wasn’t approved.

The SA advised me that Tesla is on the hunt for resellers. Not to scare anyone away with my experience as it was rare since the account was used and abused with multiple attempts.

Reactions: 907XCP and shanif
I am on a few fb tesla groups and the number of people getting reported for being resellers is drastically increasing. I don’t know if they take selling reservations into account or not but if people sell too many cars on their account it definitely impacts it. A lot of the people selling reservations say they will just buy and walk over to carmax to sell their car for a massive profit that’s why I was saying that they should go ahead and do that but they should be careful of being marked as a reseller.

I have one with vin and 2/23 delivery I’ll sell for $2500. It’s 2k less than current MSRP. My wife doesn’t want it.

Attachments

• 74E0136A-B09D-4671-8DB1-1E3F24B4F048.jpeg
    74E0136A-B09D-4671-8DB1-1E3F24B4F048.jpeg
    147.2 KB · Views: 170
  • 3DFF09A1-2369-4A7B-9278-604F59BF2B70.jpeg
    3DFF09A1-2369-4A7B-9278-604F59BF2B70.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 54A6F0BE-8CFF-4903-9917-D8D7E8694B06.jpeg
    54A6F0BE-8CFF-4903-9917-D8D7E8694B06.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 113