Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y 7 Seat Weathertech Cargo Mat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a Model Y 7 seat model. I will rarely be using the 3rd row and would prefer a mat that covers the full area. Ideally one that can still stay in the car in a pinch if I need the 3rd row. So, I am looking at different options for a cargo mat and saw the Weathertech one. I have had great experience with WT mats in the past. So, does anyone have this mat? Does it work well, etc…?

I ended up reading more about the WeatherTech mat and it sounded like it could be an issue with interference with the hatch closing. I ended up going back and forth with the different options and with a full mat vs one that allows the back seats to be up. I ended up ordering the Tesmanian 7 seater setup - 3rd row seat back covers and the rear trunk liner. It looked similar to the Tesloid, but doesn't cover as well. I hadn't seen the Tesloid one or I probably would have ordered it instead. Oh well, I should have been more patient - I would have seen your response and found out about that one. Thanks, if the Tesmanian one doesn't work well, I may go to that Tesloid one.

I've used the 3D maxpider trunk mat in mine. It's lighter weight / less "heavy duty" feeling if you will vs the heavy rubber I typically like in my trunk mats. That said, that makes it pretty flexible and easy to use both the rear sub trunk and one or both 3rd row seats on a whim without removing it at all - just have to kind of shove and fold the liner into the crack with your fingers where the seat folds to get it started in the right direction as you pull the seat up and you're good to go. I've also been able to prop the sub trunk lid up with the 3rd row seats up without removing the mat or the lid (It kind of wedges itself in place and gives you a deeper trunk without removing the lid or liner) .

Added bonus: I put in the trunk pocket bins and lids and the lip on the edge of the maxpider is minimal and has no interference with either placing a box or bag into that pocket on top of the lid or with lifting the lids to access the pockets. The trade off would be less liquid spill protection, but given the design and use of the rest of the trunk I was A-OK with with that.

Reactions: BC-LR