Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NC to Adirondack and back road trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took my Long range M3 from Raleigh to New Jersey and then up to Lake Placid New York round-trip Over the Christmas holiday

I’ve done this trip before in an Audi A4 Quattro, a BMW three series, and an Acura MDX.

by far, this was the most enjoyable and easiest ride of any of the vehicles. There’s always a bunch of traffic I 95 in Virginia and having a Tesla auto pilot manage most of the traffic made the trip a lot less stressful.

NavigationTook me to the super chargers along the way and charges were complete usually before I was ready to go. In Lake Placid New York where there are no superchargers, I went to two of the destinations chargers. All in all, zero range anxiety. I averaged about 88% efficiency Including 24° temperature in Lake Placid. The all wheel drive worked great in the snowy conditions

I definitely recommend taking your M3 for a long distance ride!

I recently took my Long range M3 from Raleigh to New Jersey and then up to Lake Placid New York round-trip Over the Christmas holiday

I’ve done this trip before in an Audi A4 Quattro, a BMW three series, and an Acura MDX.

by far, this was the most enjoyable and easiest ride of any of the vehicles. There’s always a bunch of traffic I 95 in Virginia and having a Tesla auto pilot manage most of the traffic made the trip a lot less stressful.

NavigationTook me to the super chargers along the way and charges were complete usually before I was ready to go. In Lake Placid New York where there are no superchargers, I went to two of the destinations chargers. All in all, zero range anxiety. I averaged about 88% efficiency Including 24° temperature in Lake Placid. The all wheel drive worked great in the snowy conditions

I definitely recommend taking your M3 for a long distance ride!

My longest trip is the one I’m on now, Greenville SC to Snowshoe. What do you mean by 88% efficiency? I averaged around 265wh/mi on my way up here.