Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a Turo in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I'm looking for a good soul.

A good soul to do what? Give you a free rental? It would be more simple for you to buy your friend a turo rental, if for some reason a person who can afford to buy a new tesla cant afford to rent one.

Sorry but this "smells" wrong. At this point it looks like a scam. You need to do a lot more explaining, because there is litterally zero about this post that makes sense.

Report your own post to the mods and ask them to delete it... and calling posts asking "why cant you go to turo.com" to do what you want "A$$hole posts" even further makes this look like a scam.

Why cant your friend rent a turo, or why cant you pay for a turo for him?" are reasonable questions. What is NOT reasonable is basically saying "I am looking for someone to give me their car for free for a weekend because of this reason here".

Limited miles should not affect anyone doing a "test drive", unless that "test drive" is across the country or something.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Report your own post to the mods and ask them to delete it... and calling posts asking "why cant you go to turo.com" to do what you want "A$$hole posts" even further makes this look like a scam.

Why cant your friend rent a turo, or why cant you pay for a turo for him?" are reasonable questions. What is NOT reasonable is basically saying "I am looking for someone to give me their car for free for a weekend because of this reason here".

I just fully explained the situation. I DID NOT ASK FOR A FREE RENTAL. I'm looking for a decent rate.

Turo has limited miles. I'm doing something NICE for a friend, and he wants to take the car on a LONG road trip. I will turo one for ME since i'm not driving far for the weekend. That way he doesn't have to worry about going OVER on milage.

Does that make sense?

I just fully explained the situation. I DID NOT ASK FOR A FREE RENTAL. I'm looking for a decent rate.

Turo has limited miles. I'm doing something NICE for a friend, and he wants to take the car on a LONG road trip. I will turo one for ME since i'm not driving far for the weekend. That way he doesn't have to worry about going OVER on milage.

Does that make sense?

Not really, no, but good luck with that.

Reactions: LionXng
I'm truly blown away with how it doesn't make sense.

My friend wants to drive to Montreal. He's my best friend, and that's a 400 mile journey. If he turos a car he will go over his allowable miles, and get a lot more charges.

I can give him my car to do the trip, and then I'll rent a Turo for myself, since I am just driving around town for the weekend. How in any way is that sketchy.

My friend wants to drive to Montreal. He's my best friend, and that's a 400 mile journey. If he turos a car he will go over his allowable miles, and get a lot more charges.

I can give him my car to do the trip, and then I'll rent a Turo for myself, since I am just driving around town for the weekend. How in any way is that sketchy.

I'll add that I'm doing this because he's a good friend. Maybe you can't understand because you would never do something this nice for someone else.

Does that make sense?

You get oddly angry when people ask questions about your scam.
You just called random people aholes, but claim to be from Canada.
You try to link us to your twitter instead of just talking here.
You say you want to avoid using turo, while asking for a turo.
You could OBVIOUSLY drive your friend's car while he drove yours.
You could obviously loan your car to him during the weekend while you stay home for a few hours.
You could obviously just take him out for a ride to get him interested in Tesla.
You clearly wanted a free loan of a car with your good soul comment.
You could obviously pick another weekend where you are not driving far if the limited miles thing was real.

What kind of logic tells you to send your friend off in a car he doesn't know how to drive on a LONG road trip? He just figures it all out on his own a thousand miles away?

Sketchy af bro.

edit:
-Also you said you are worried about turo mile limits... but you also say "i'm not driving far for the weekend".. so which is it? The lies are breaking down.
-Bonus: This is also your first post on the forum, to basically ask for someone's car in an untraceable(twitter/forum/not turo) way? I think I ran out of red flags.

Last edited:

Its not, actually. Whats sketchy is not just going to turo.com and doing it yourself vs posting on here that you are looking for a deal.

Edit: and that other stuff that @LionXng said, which was on my mind as well. The "simplest" thing to do would be to just swap cars... assuming your best friend has a car. If he doesnt have a car, its assuming a lot to send him on a 400 mile trip in a tesla.

Reactions: Mansley and LionXng
Next time
sure.
I didn't say you have to contact me on twitter.
I didn't say I wanted to avoid using Turo.
No way i'm driving a gas car, are you nuts?
You could obviously loan your car to him during the weekend while you stay home for a few hours.
No way.
You could obviously just take him out for a ride to get him interested in Tesla.
No. He needs to experience it.
No. I never said that. I CLEARLY, said i want to pay.
You could obviously pick another weekend where you are not driving far if the limited miles thing was real.
He is the one that wants to drive far.

What kind of logic tells you to send your friend off in a car he doesn't know how to drive on a LONG road trip? He just figures it all out on his own a thousand miles away?
The friend logic.

Sketchy af bro.

Bro, next time i'm in LA, we'll meet up, you'll see i'm a good cat. I'm active on twitter, I know the thirdrow guys. I'm sorry if this got out of hand.

• Disagree
sure.
I didn't say you have to contact me on twitter.
I didn't say I wanted to avoid using Turo.
No way i'm driving a gas car, are you nuts? lol
No way.
No. He needs to experience it.
No. I never said that. I CLEARLY, said i want to pay.
He is the one that wants to drive far. not me. so it has to be this weekend.

• Disagree
again, apologies. i just felt a little attacked.

I reported my other post to be taken down.

Attacked is a strong word, but I understand how you could feel that way. I didnt intend to "attack" you, its just that what you are asking for doesnt add up, so I was questioning it. All the stuff that @LionXng posted. You answered some of it, but for an example of "what doesnt add up" to someone looking in from the outside, is your response to "why not just swap cars"?

Your answer is "No way I am driving a gas car, are you nuts? Lol".

So, you are asking people reading this to take the following at face value (adding up the information on the posts you made).

1. You have a great friend you want to loan your tesla to ( people do this all the time, no issues here)
2. You want to rent a car on turo to replace your car for the weekend, instead of having your friend rent a turo, or, paying for his extra mileage, or renting it for him.
3. You state you are not driving much this weekend, so this makes sense, yet are not willing to swap cars with your friend to use his car for the "little amount of driving" that you plan to do this weekend.

You are asking us to believe that you have a good enough friend that you would give them your tesla for a weekend, yet the friend is not good enough to "suffer" driving his gas car for the weekend in return, even though " you dont plan on driving much this weekend".

All of this could be true, for sure. It just doesnt add up that you are unwilling to borrow his car for a weekend, or, if its that much suffering for you to drive his car, just go on turo yourself and rent one, or, have him pay for the rental himself and pay for his extra miles (probably cost you the same in depreciation on your car for those miles as it would to simply pay the additional miles for him if thats a concern).

I am not trying to "pile on" here, I am trying to tell you, from the outside, what this looks like. It all could be very innocent, for sure. It just doesnt "look" right. We dont know you, you dont know us, and you wont know anyone on here you are trying to get to give you a deal on renting a car. Since we dont know each other, it has to make sense to anyone considering it, and it doesnt right now.

Again, since it seems like you are frustrated and feeling attacked, I am not attacking you.. just telling you what it looks like from the outside, because I dont know you.

Status
Not open for further replies.