Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Neuron EV Another contender

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T.ONE — Neuron EV

Neuron 1.jpg
Neuron 2.jpg
Neuron 3.jpg
Neuron 4.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 2012MS85
Looks nice, looking forward when they release the specs.

Also another contender is the Atlis Truck. Start price at 45k and will have a 500 miles option.

I am looking forward to see the real world testing of these trucks.

Attachments

• 03EBA0B6-0E19-4DB0-BF8B-E85810A62D80.jpeg
    03EBA0B6-0E19-4DB0-BF8B-E85810A62D80.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 56
A one-seat pickup truck??? Anyway, Neuron is such a non-entity of a company it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page. Don't hold your breath for an actual vehicle. Looks to me like interest in the Cybertruck has sparked a bunch of entrepreneurs to exploit the interest by soliciting investments. Pretty sweet deal for the founders if they can convince people to give them money.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
A one-seat pickup truck??? Anyway, Neuron is such a non-entity of a company it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page. Don't hold your breath for an actual vehicle. Looks to me like interest in the Cybertruck has sparked a bunch of entrepreneurs to exploit the interest by soliciting investments. Pretty sweet deal for the founders if they can convince people to give them money.

Use the link and view..
Lots of configurations
four seat.jpg
Six seat.jpg

Okay. I just saw a picture of a cab with one seat. I stand corrected on the seats. The company still seems to be a non-entity scamming investors.

How many announcements have we seen that never materialized? There are just two car companies that actually exist, are making large numbers of EVs, and are serious about EVs: Tesla and Nissan. Everything else is greenwashing and vaporware. I give it one chance in a thousand that the average person will ever be able to buy a Neuron EV. The Cybertruck will be built, in large numbers, and anyone with the money will be able to buy one. (About two years later than currently promised. ;))

Reactions: Hank42
Nice looking truck. I am weary that they have not released any specs. Someone said that it looks like a hydrogen-based truck.

Atilis is pretty much non-contender, it seems. When a company asks the customers to invest in their company (their own web site), that does not bode well. From what I understand, it is a tiny company comprised of only a few persons.

I would love to see more diversity of EV trucks. But I doubt that all of these companies will make it.

... When a company asks the customers to invest in their company (their own web site), that does not bode well. From what I understand, it is a tiny company comprised of only a few persons.

Exactly. It is so easy nowadays to set up a web site, create some appealing pictures, make big promises, and ask would-be customers to pay for the car in advance with a promise that it's cheaper now than later. Then they can take the money and run, or they can set up an actual corporation, pay themselves a salary while they do "research" and declare bankruptcy when the money runs out and there are no more suckers.

Tesla was different because it was backed by a multi-billionaire who was pouring his own money into it. And it was still good luck that the Roadster finally came out. And the Cybrtruck is different because Tesla is now an established company with a track record of delivering great cars, albeit late.

I would love to see more diversity of EV trucks. But I doubt that all of these companies will make it.

Most of them are either scams or people with good intentions but insufficient capital and abilities.

Atilis is pretty much non-contender, it seems. When a company asks the customers to invest in their company (their own web site), that does not bode well. From what I understand, it is a tiny company comprised of only a few persons.

I was thinking the same thing for a while that they are vapor ware, I have a reservation with them and they are local to me. They have recently had a lot of jobs they are trying to fill, which before that they had something like 6 employees.

I would have thought if they were a viable option there would have been somebody with some deep pockets wanting to invest

Putting a lot of CGI pictures on a website and building a prototype is nothing like mass producing a quality vehicle and providing service and support, and oh yes, a charging network.

Tesla has a huge lead in the EV market, a lead which was acquired only with an enormous amount of hard work. Every other EV manufacturer, big and small, is lagging far behind for the foreseeable future.

I know some people are excited about the Rivian EV truck, and I hope that company succeeds. At least they have working prototypes getting extensive field testing. Now they actually have to build thousands of them and provide service, and make a profit. That’s the hard part.