Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 21" Arachnid Wheels - Never Used

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[I re-posted this as I have updated/corrected some of the information]

My brand new set of Arachnids showed up recently and the Tesla Mobile Ranger kindly delivered them to my home (kudos to Jack). They arrived mounted and balanced and have TPMS and center caps.

I was looking forward to getting these for summer use, but after seeing them in person, I think I prefer my gray 19" turbines, especially with all the potholes around here.

If you're interested, I'm looking for $3000/set or best offer for local pickup. Equivalent wheels sell for $4000 on TireRack.com, so I think this is a fair price. No low ball offers, please.

I will consider shipping via UPS if the buyer pays all packing and shipping costs. Just to give you an idea, I got an estimate from my neighborhood UPS to ship all four wheels to Los Angeles and it came out to about $31 per wheel for packing materials and $102 per wheel for shipping. So the total cost to LA would be approximately $3532 (wheels plus shipping) as an example. Your actual shipping address will determine final shipping costs.

Also, there is an awesome shop near here that can powder coat them black (matte, satin, or gloss) for about $650 out the door in 1-2 days. If you're interested, I can arrange to have them powder coated prior to pick-up/delivery. Of course, you would need to pay this up front.

I will also include four brand new, never used Tesla brand Tire Totes that I ordered for these wheels.

If you're a current member of the Colorado Springs Electric Vehicle Club (CSEVC) or the Denver Tesla Club, I will knock off $500 for being awesome.

The specs on the wheels are below in case you want to put them on something other than a Model S.

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions and thanks for looking.:)

IMG_4190.JPG
IMG_4185.JPG IMG_4192.JPG IMG_4182.JPG IMG_4193.JPG tire totes.jpg IMG_4197.JPG
Size: 21X8.5" front, 21X9.0" rear.
Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
Bolt Pattern: 5X120
Center Bore: 64.1mm
Tires: Michelin Pilot Super Sport
245/35ZR21 96Y XL (FRONT) (Overall Diameter: 27.8")
265/35ZR21 101Y XL (REAR) (Overall Diameter: 28.3")
Weight: 21x8.5" = 27.85 lbs (without tire), 21x9.0" = ~ 28.75 lbs (without tire)
Lug Nut Spec: 21mm Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft
Details: This wheel is not available when ordering a Tesla Model S. It could formerly be ordered as a wheel and tire package from the Tesla store, and as of late has disappeared from the Tesla online store.

• Love
Reactions: 2012MS85
@Chaz please inquire about a UPS shipping cost to my zip code, 52726-9746, and also PM me your best price on these Arachnids.

I'm considering buying another 3 just to get my free Arachnids as my 3rd referral prize, but a good deal buying some outright might be a more frugal approach that doesn't upset my wife as much (buying a 3rd Tesla in two months).

Did Arachnids come from the factory as black at one time? I don't know anything about powder coating, and as much as I'd love black, does Midwest winter salt possibly corrode the coating (similar to chrome coating) that will start to flake off in a few years? Thanks for anyone's input who has experience with the long-term look on powder coating...who lives in a snowy area like me and has to deal with salt on the roads.

Reactions: Chaz