Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 21" Twin Turbine Wheels/Tires/Center Caps/TPMS/Lugs/Etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello - Just bought my Model S and I'm selling the wheels/tires/etc.

These are the new Twin Turbine set. Staggered 245/265's.

I drove the car home and it's sitting in my garage waiting for some other wheels/tires. 26 miles.

Retail $6000 - selling for $4500. Arizona pickup!
IMG_8400.JPG
IMG_8401.JPG
IMG_8403.JPG

Reactions: JPUConn
Your comments are not very productive. You must not appreciate condition/quality. For the right buyer, this is a no-brainer. I wish someone offered this deal to me before I got my MS. I literally would have saved $360 on tax AND got a free set of new Tesla tires/wheels. That's a deal and a half.

Or if I wanted to buy them after the fact, I would spend $6,480 on the exact same product. The price of $4,500 is almost $2,000 less than ordering them through Tesla. That's a pretty good deal.

Consider checking with Walmart or Sears for tires/wheels in your price range.

Reactions: Cowby and JPUConn
Hey man, no offense. If you have spent any time looking at how much wheels/tires run on these forums, there is a market value that gets set.

If you get $4,500 for those I will be happy for you and very surprised. But I think the lack of people asking about them should be a clue. They guy offering you $2,500 was probably in the right range considering what Arachnids are being offered for these days. Tesla's pricing is very inflated and no one I know would go to Tesla and pay $6,500 for them after the fact.

Again, good luck to you, don't be afraid to drop your price if you actually want to sell them.

Your comments are not very productive. You must not appreciate condition/quality. For the right buyer, this is a no-brainer. I wish someone offered this deal to me before I got my MS. I literally would have saved $360 on tax AND got a free set of new Tesla tires/wheels. That's a deal and a half.

Or if I wanted to buy them after the fact, I would spend $6,480 on the exact same product. The price of $4,500 is almost $2,000 less than ordering them through Tesla. That's a pretty good deal.

Consider checking with Walmart or Sears for tires/wheels in your price range.

ChicagolandMX - Thank you for the offer! I have received other offers through separate conversations and may decide to meet them half way (CA/AZ).

Although I won't go $3K, if you're local, we could at least connect to see if there is something to work out.

I'm very tempted to just stick to my price (or even raise it) because of jlei, but that would not be good for our Tesla forum or family. I'm thinking jlei really doesn't own a Tesla anyway. Likely he is an owner of a Prius (great cars if that's all you want to spend). And yes, jlei, therapy would be good for you. See, we agree on something!

• Disagree
Reactions: Stirthepot
$2500 is the right range. 21 turbines go for that and these are nothing more than the new version of those. as others stated, forged aluminum arachnids are going for $3000-3500, anyone who pays more than that for cast wheels is not spending wisely. and yes, i own a tesla S P100DL, have arachnids, turbines and aftermarket AG's in 20.

I disagree. 21" Turbines and 21" Arachnids are *everywhere*.. there is huge supply for those, and lots of people trying to sell them from referral awards, and not a lot of buyers -- therefore lower prices (classic supply and demand). We just saw a set of Arachnids and tires go for $1800.

These 21" Twin Turbine wheels nobody is selling besides Tesla for $6000 for a staggered set. Lower supply, higher demand == higher prices. This is the only set I've seen for sale so far, and I think $4500 is a 25% discount from new... pretty reasonable for someone who really wants these wheels and doesn't want to pay retail or buy a new car.

I disagree. 21" Turbines and 21" Arachnids are *everywhere*.. there is huge supply for those, and lots of people trying to sell them from referral awards, and not a lot of buyers -- therefore lower prices (classic supply and demand). We just saw a set of Arachnids and tires go for $1800.

These 21" Twin Turbine wheels nobody is selling besides Tesla for $6000 for a staggered set. Lower supply, higher demand == higher prices. This is the only set I've seen for sale so far, and I think $4500 is a 25% discount from new... pretty reasonable for someone who really wants these wheels and doesn't want to pay retail or buy a new car.
What? 1800!? Where was I?:eek:

I love the P series. Those cars not only smoke the perf sedan's out there, they smoke them in a way that just piles on the embarrassment for the other driver. Multi days in a P100D loaner and it was more fun than an amusement park. Just didn't have a long enough pry bar to wedge my wallet open that far.

I'm not sure if it's a trend in the forum or not, but I find it hard to understand why Tesla Owners would purposely knock other's pricing when they aren't interested in the product to begin with nor do they understand what could be good for someone based on their wants/needs. Why do specialty performance cars sell for way above their MSRP? They are new, people want them, and are happy to spend the extra money. If the buyers are good with the deal, what business is it of others to weigh in on their opinion - can't buyers spend their money how they want to spend their money? If I posted a set of wheels/tires and asked for opinions on price point, it's open game! But I find it offensive when someone who is not interested in the product, bashes pricing - fact based or not.

I go back to simplicity. People are ordering new MS's with these wheels/tires and paying $4500 plus tax. Why wouldn't someone buy these new wheels/tires for $4500 and keep the base wheels/tires - and basically get them for free. Or if a buyer already has a MS and really wants the look of the twin turbines, they can order them from Tesla for $6000 plus tax. Or they could buy these for $4500. I'm offering an incredible deal for someone that fits these categories. For someone that doesn't care that much if they are Twin Turbines, then they wouldn't buy this set for $4500. As people have pointed out, there are other tire/wheel options out there. Buyers can chose - it's their option and their money.

Given I'm new to this Forum, I'll try to figure out the ground rules. Maybe this forum is about bashing seller's pricing and hurting others. I doubt it, but I've never experienced such behavior from what should be very sophisticated people given the price point on Tesla's.

There is not a market or a need for posting unwarranted negative opinions. Let the market determine selling price. If you're interested in purchasing or want additional information, please post! Otherwise, why post when you're not being asked for an opinion.

Stirthepot - even if you don't like my post or pricing, I still really love the P series. I've just got to figure out how to get me one in the future. Best wishes - and yes, I'm jealous each time I see one fly past me. I have a Model X and S, both 100D, unfortunately without the P.

I think you’re being overly sensitive to constructive criticism. This is your marketplace and prospective buyers are telling you your price is too high. I read all the comments and quite honestly no one was rude or disrespectful. However your replies reek of condescension and arrogance.

The one thing I know about the Tesla marketplace when something is priced appropriately it will sell in hours. If you’re still looking for a buyer a week later it’s priced too high and I’m speaking from experience. I sold some arachnids when they were i guess fairly rare and swore I would get $5500 not so much. I dropped my price to $4500 and received an offer and payment within hours.

As for this community very rarely have I seen bashing in here and definitely there was no bashing here just good advice.

I love the P series. Those cars not only smoke the perf sedan's out there, they smoke them in a way that just piles on the embarrassment for the other driver. Multi days in a P100D loaner and it was more fun than an amusement park. Just didn't have a long enough pry bar to wedge my wallet open that far.

I'm not sure if it's a trend in the forum or not, but I find it hard to understand why Tesla Owners would purposely knock other's pricing when they aren't interested in the product to begin with nor do they understand what could be good for someone based on their wants/needs. Why do specialty performance cars sell for way above their MSRP? They are new, people want them, and are happy to spend the extra money. If the buyers are good with the deal, what business is it of others to weigh in on their opinion - can't buyers spend their money how they want to spend their money? If I posted a set of wheels/tires and asked for opinions on price point, it's open game! But I find it offensive when someone who is not interested in the product, bashes pricing - fact based or not.

I go back to simplicity. People are ordering new MS's with these wheels/tires and paying $4500 plus tax. Why wouldn't someone buy these new wheels/tires for $4500 and keep the base wheels/tires - and basically get them for free. Or if a buyer already has a MS and really wants the look of the twin turbines, they can order them from Tesla for $6000 plus tax. Or they could buy these for $4500. I'm offering an incredible deal for someone that fits these categories. For someone that doesn't care that much if they are Twin Turbines, then they wouldn't buy this set for $4500. As people have pointed out, there are other tire/wheel options out there. Buyers can chose - it's their option and their money.

Given I'm new to this Forum, I'll try to figure out the ground rules. Maybe this forum is about bashing seller's pricing and hurting others. I doubt it, but I've never experienced such behavior from what should be very sophisticated people given the price point on Tesla's.

There is not a market or a need for posting unwarranted negative opinions. Let the market determine selling price. If you're interested in purchasing or want additional information, please post! Otherwise, why post when you're not being asked for an opinion.

Stirthepot - even if you don't like my post or pricing, I still really love the P series. I've just got to figure out how to get me one in the future. Best wishes - and yes, I'm jealous each time I see one fly past me. I have a Model X and S, both 100D, unfortunately without the P.

scharlesjr - I actually agree with you. I am being overly sensitive. I also agree when you say it's criticism. Thus my point. If someone feels compelled to "help" me by giving me constructive criticism, send me an individual message instead of posting to the world.

My parting comment - sorry I came across as arrogant. I've worked my butt off to get where I am, volunteer in my community on a regular basis, and give a lot of money back to charities. I'm probably too proud of my accomplishments - I know a lot of people who do more than I do. It just struck a nerve with the sarcasm and what I considered to be negative posting. I felt like it was a cheap shot and definitely didn't feel like the intent was to help me. Maybe bashing was too strong of a word.

I'll only reply to people interested in the wheels/tires I have for sale and let everything else go. Hope this helps. Good day!